40. Love or Infatuation?

Rajat stormed his way inside Dhiraj's office. Days later, finally Dhiraj was back at office. And finally Rajat could meet him face to face. Because the urgent matters that he had to discuss could only be done by meeting in person.

Dhiraj concluded by the way Rajat stormed in that he meant business. And that sigh, Rajat let out once he reached Dhiraj's desk only made it clearer that that matter had been making Rajat restless for quite some time. He did have some guesses about what could be those matters and the top one he guessed was the "office session" he had with his beloved. So without waiting for Rajat questions, he offered his explanation.

"Look. I know what you want to complain about and all I can say is....stuff happens...at times. And you have no control over it."

Rajat didn't understand what Dhiraj was trying to say. But he didn't really care because there was something else he MUST confirm first. And without wasting any further time he did just that. "Did you tell Nakul about the photographer incident and about how ma'am made you sign this contract [fake dating contract]?"

Dhiraj was confused. Why is he asking this? Come to think of it, Nakul too kept asking if Rajat asked me anything or not. Did they meet? Did he tell Nakul about 'that' incident? No! But if he did, Nakul would've asked me tons of questions. So Dhiraj decided to gamble his way. "I did. Why?" I did tell Nakul about how Avanti is making me do these things. So.....I DID tell him.

Now that Rajat had an answer, his fury returned. "So he knows why you are doing these things yet he tries to pull off stunts like these?"

The snow leopard[A/N: It's official. Snow Leopard is Rajat's spirit animal] couldn't keep his calm any longer. "Also.....at office?" That statement rather made Dhiraj feel proud than ashamed. His shameless smile grew wider.

Rajat continued, " Are you crazy? Do you understand how risky this is?! What could've happened if someone saw you?"

"But nothing happened right?"

"Are you waiting for something to happen?" Rajat was in pure agony as he heard of that shameless man's response.

"Rajat. Love.....makes you do crazy things." Dhiraj began in a preachy pompous tone. "You've never been in love right Rajat?" He waited for the man's response.

Of course he didn't get any because Rajat had no answer to that. That was the only area in his life he had no experience whatsoever. Dhiraj knew that would exactly be the way their conversation would go. He should make Rajat understand that his and his baby's relationship is something that is beyond Rajat's understanding. That would be the only way he will leave us alone.

Dhiraj shot his next aim. "See. That's why you don't understand it. You should....go out and experience love."

Rajat was absolutely baffled. Here he was trying to make his boss understand the seriousness of the situation but instead, he was the one being lectured?!

Dhiraj on the other hand continued, "Do you know Ruhi has a thing for you?"

Rajat got seemingly uncomfortable at that question.

"She crushes hard on you! Maybe you should go out with her. Give her a chance." Dhiraj tried to deflect from the main topic of discussion.

Of course Rajat knew what his boss was trying to do. I need to ask him straight. Only then will he understand what I'm trying to get to. "Sir. We aren't talking about me here. We are talking about you. And I know you hate it when I ask this question but-" His tone shifted to seriousness. "I still have to ask it to you. And I know I don't have any right to raise this question, but again.....I consider myself as your well-wisher so I MUST ask you this question.." His eyes reflected the truth. And that reached Dhiraj. Maybe this time, he should answer the question Rajat had with some nuance.