Chapter 32: Vampire Hunt (2)

Azrail Astaroth Pov:

"Greetings, Lord Astaroth, Lord Azrail. May I ask what brings you here today?"

Regardless of how she felt about me being here, Diodora's [Queen] couldn't say anything disrespectful towards me even if Lord Astaroth wasn't accompanying me.

"We're here to see Diodora, so lead the way."

It seemed like Lord Astaroth wasn't in the mood to chitchat, not after seeing what Diodora was doing while ignoring his summons.

"Lord Diodora is..."

"He is what?"

Lord Astaroth narrowed his eyes, and the [Queen] bowed.

"Nothing. Please follow me."

It was very convenient to have Lord Astaroth around; otherwise, I planned on beating a few people before taking the prototype for Ajuka's [Kankara Formula], but this was way more efficient.

With that, Diodora's [Queen] guided us inside the Heir's Castle.

Unsurprisingly, this place wasn't lacking in anything compared to the Astaroth Clan's Castle, regardless of how much someone looked at it.

However, there was one thing I noticed.

The security system here was fairly outdated, which should be Diodora's fault since he was the one who decided everything in this place with little to no interference from the Astaroth Clan's side, making him completely independent. That certainly didn't turn out well, looking at his personality and actions.

After walking for a few minutes, we arrived at a room reserved for guests, and Diodora's [Queen] bowed towards us.

"Please wait here for a minute; I will go and bring Lord Diodora."

"Very well."

With that, she left.

To pass some time, I started playing rock paper and scissors with Great Sage, and although the game was interesting enough, it was hard to tell when Great Sage was cheating by reading my thoughts.

[...]

The fact that there was no reply confirmed she was cheating.

"By the way, Azrail, when will you resume your duty as the Overseer of Bucharest?"

"In a day or two."

Elmenhilde should've already completed the preparation for Great Sage's large-scale experiment, so all I needed to do was return to the Darkness Magic Research Lab.

[Notice. All the preparations have already been completed.]

'I see, and what's Elmenhilde up to?'

[Answer. She is continuing her research for ways to temporarily decrease a Vampire's Magic Power.]

Is that so?

"Is that so?"

Hearing Lord Astaroth's 'Is that so?', I blinked.

Did he just read my internal monologue?

[Answer. That is not possible, Master. Your thoughts are always protected by an outer layer of thousands of jumbled thoughts. If anyone were capable of reading Master's mind, all they'd hear are high-pitched, unrecognisable voices.]

Great Sage, I wasn't being serious about Lord Astaroth reading my mind.

[...]

Ignoring Great Sage's silence, I asked.