Chapter 17: The Overseer of Bucharest (4)

"Take care, Azrail... If you ever feel scared, don't be ashamed of coming back home. And make sure to visit every other day. Just contact us once, and Alice will come to Bucharest to pick you up..."

"Mother, how am I supposed to work as the overseer if I keep visiting the Underworld every other day?"

My voice wouldn't have been clear if it weren't for [Sound Magic] since it was impossible to speak properly with my face buried in my mother's bosom.

"C'mon, if you don't let him go, how is he supposed to grow up?"

"That's exactly what you said when sending Ajuka to a damned Civil War. Do you have any idea how worried I was back then?"

"That's not what I said... And the situation is different right now. Azrail isn't doing anything dangerous there."

Contrary to my father's statement, I believed that my visit to Earth was rather dangerous.

For others, at least.

"I know, but..."

My mother finally decided to release me, and my father continued.

"Make sure to take care of yourself, alright?"

"Yes, father."

I nodded.

"If you get into any trouble, make sure to contact us. There's no need to handle everything by yourself."

"I'll keep that in mind."

"Don't pull any pranks on people who live there—it'd be troublesome to brainwash so many humans if they found out about the supernatural..."

"Yes."

"And be sure to visit whenever you're free, alright?"

Although I doubted I'd have much free time, I still gave my father a small smile. "I'll make sure to do that."

"Take care, Azrail!"

Out of the blue, Latia came to hug me.

"Weren't you tagging along?"

"It'll be hard to come back if I tag along with you."

I patted the back of her head, and after a minute, Latia released me from her hug.

"Why are you crying?"

"I'm not crying."

"What a crybaby."

"I'm not a crybaby."

I wiped the tears off her face.

"Sure, sure."

It was still a mystery whether Latia could sleep alone or not, but I decided not to tease her today.

After I wiped her tears off, Latia backed off and quietly stood next to my mother.

Sebas and Vanessa weren't here since they had already wished me goodbyes yesterday. From what Sebas told me, they had some work to do.

A few seconds later, my eyes met Alice's eyes, and she smiled and waved at me, not saying anything.

Everybody knew she'd teleport to my location right away if I were to even get a scratch, which was reassuring.

I smiled back at my favourite [Knight] and created a [Transportation Magic Circle] under me, connecting it to Bucharest.

"Let's go, Amy..."

I turned towards the maid who would accompany me during my stay in the human world to tend to things like laundry and food.