Chapter 24: Six Months (2)

Elmenhilde Karnstein Pov:

"How long has it been since this place was cleaned?"

The enormous room stored tens of thousands of files, and honestly, it was probably the dirtiest place within the Karnstein Household. I felt nauseous just standing outside.

The room was the lowest level of the dungeon that the Karnstein Household used to store the criminals inside, and this room served as a record of all those who were banished or imprisoned by the Carmilla Faction.

These records contained information about the inmates, from their lineage to their strengths and crimes, along with threat level.

"Let's use that..."

"[Clean]"

In an instant, the dust around the room disappeared, along with the spider webs.

Indeed, this was the spell that Master used.

The Devil's Magic System was much different from the Vampire's Magic System. However, after learning about the basics of our Magic System, Master effortlessly adjusted the [Clean] spell to suit our Magic System.

His other 'traits' and 'hobbies' aside, Master was a genius when it came to magic, and no one could deny that, no matter what.

Although, for some reason, he seemed to be more focused on creating conventional spells rather than offensive ones.

"It would've been so much easier if I didn't kill the dungeon's caretaker on a whim... But even if I hadn't, Master ordered me to do this alone, so it'd be meaningless..."

Soon, my left arm transformed into a small flock of bats before leaving the room.

Vampires could control and turn into a flock of bats at will, and strong ones could also only turn a part of their bodies into bats to scout ahead, avoiding the risk of getting captured.

While my main body searched through the documents about the best test subjects for Master, my flock of bats would go around, checking up on the prisoners to search for the ones selected, and I would separate them from the others in another place.

"Other than creating a detailed list of the criminals, Master said to collect 100 Low-Class Vampires, 30 High-Class, along with 3 with Ultimate Class powers, according to Devil Standards..."

And so, my work started.

---

"It's been fifteen days, but Master has yet to contact me..."

Maybe he forgot?

No, someone negligent couldn't build those kinds of laboratories without others noticing, even if they had a lot of help. Not to mention, he did it alone.

Then, was he giving me extra time because he knew that it was impossible to do the given task in a mere twelve days?

"Uggh!"

"You damn Karnstein bitch!"

"I'll kill you someday."

My eyes moved towards the three Vampires, one male and two females, who were lying at my feet, cursing me with all their might, but they were so weak that they couldn't even move a finger.

They all looked extremely fragile, their bones visible through their pale skin, as if they had been starving for a long time.

These three criminals had once rivalled Ultimate Class Devils in their prime, but after committing several crimes, they got imprisoned here.

These were the three Vampires Master asked for, while the other hundred Low-Class subjects were lying all around me, forming small mountains of bodies.