Chapter 25: Six Months (3)

Elmenhilde Karnstein Pov:

{Notice. You have attached the Magic Power Transfer Cable to the wrong receiver. Please remove it and attach it to the receiver next to it.}

My body followed the Great Sage's command without complaints, but my mind solely focused on the holograms above Master's desk.

It had been a few hours since Serafall and Sona arrived at Master's house, and they had done plenty of things by now.

After having lunch, Sona and Master played chess, and he won within half an hour, but for some reason, the girl looked like she had accomplished something.

Well, for a child, she was good at chess. If we were to play against each other, she was good enough to drag the match out for a while, but she'd still lose.

On the other hand, if Master were to play with me, I'd lose within two hours at best.

With their match settled, Sona and Serafall dressed up as Magical Girld because of a bet, which the Leviathan enjoyed to her heart's content, hugging Master while saying she'd remember this blessing forever and how he should become her younger brother instead of Beelzebub.

From their interaction, it seemed like Serafall had previously 'bribed' Master into having Sona dress up as a Magical Girl after he won the match.

Master also introduced Amy as his [Pawn] to Serafall and Sona, and the latter commented on how he should've made a Healer like Amy his [Bishop] rather than [Pawn], considering that her healing abilities depended on her Demonic Power Reserves.

Master explained how a logical answer wasn't always the correct one, and Serafall said that he was right, but Sona didn't seem to understand what they were talking about, only tilting her head in confusion.

'But a [Bishop], huh?'

Thinking about it, I'd be a perfect candidate for Master's [Bishop], considering how good I was with Magic, but something like that would never happen.

In Master's eyes, half of my worth was in helping around the laboratories, and the other half was in my position as the next Lady Karnstein, so if he reincarnated me as a Devil, I'd lose all connections with the Vampires.

After the Magical Girl Show, the three of them started playing different board games, and when Satan Leviathan proposed that the loser would do a strip show for the winners, she was locked inside the basement by Master and Sona. The two continued their games while hearing Serafall's cries as background music.

Thanks to the hidden camera within the basement, which Serafall noticed moments after walking inside, I could see her cry very clearly, and it didn't look like an act—not at all.

She was whining about how they were leaving her out and having 'fun' on their own, and how much she wanted to join them. Honestly, she needed an adult's guidance more than Master and Sona combined.

'Is this how one of the Four Great Satans should behave?'

It was hard to believe that Serafall was seriously a Devil that was as strong as Kurl, the current Queen Carmilla. Their bearings were too different.

But what consumed me the most was that it looked like Master was enjoying his time with Serafall and Sona.

I couldn't understand that.

He wasn't faking his enjoyment and pleasure in spending time with Serafall and Sona, and I was sure of it, which confused me even more.

Who was he?

Could it be that my Master had multiple personalities? A bipolar, perhaps?

It was hard for me to understand.