Chapter 5: Latia's Training Arc (3)

"And that'll be it for today's classes... Tomorrow, we will learn about the potential of Elemental Magic and how it can be used effectively, along with ways to mix more than one element to multiply their powers."

Placing the book down, Alice looked at us with a smile before fixing her glasses. Unlike her usual red-themed armour, she wore a long-sleeved white shirt, a black skirt, and a pair of rather intellectual-looking glasses.

'Maybe she thinks they make her look more like a teacher? Talk about taking a job seriously.'

Alice was, in her own right, an airhead. While she could do even the most complicated tasks without a problem, she would occasionally screw up while doing simple things, which I found somewhat cute, in all honesty.

"But we can already use basic elemental magic, so can't we learn how to mix two elements directly?"

After saying that, Latia placed her hand on the table as a small fireball appeared above her palm.

"Well, can you do this?"

Alice raised her index finger as a pale blue fireball appeared above her fingertip, and it wasn't hard to tell that it was way hotter than the one Latia made.

'She increased the oxygen for more stable combustion, raising the temperature until it turned blue, huh? Latia couldn't pick it up and copy it with her [High IQ] because she hasn't studied that topic yet...'

Although Demonic Power worked based on imagination, that wasn't necessarily true for complex spells.

Otherwise, everyone would go around spamming the Power of Time or Regeneration Magic.

After all, how hard was it for someone to imagine their limbs growing back?

As a wise manager once said, it was a weirdly constructed power system.

"Aren't you supposed to be a [Knight]? Why are you acting like a [Bishop] all of a sudden?"

Hearing Latia's grumble, Alice smiled at her, and the blue flame in her hand disappeared.

"Right, Alice, what about Light and Darkness Magic? You never talked about those two elements."

"Hmm..." Alice pondered after hearing my question for a few seconds. "Devils can't produce Light Magic with Demonic Power, and even if they can, it won't be that strong unless the caster is a Reincarnated Devil with some Light-based Sacred Gear or a Magician."

"And what about Darkness Magic?"

"As for Darkness Magic, I have no idea. There are barely any people who use Darkness Magic except for Vampires or Dhampirs, who have the natural ability to manipulate Darkness and shadows. The Devil Magic System mostly focuses on Fire, Wind, Earth, Water, and Lightning elemental spells, along with someone's clan trait... Are you interested in Darkness Magic?"

'Figured as much...'

Even within the Astaroth Clan's library, there were barely any books related to Darkness Magic.

But learning Darkness Magic was important.

'A Vampire, huh... Getting a few wouldn't hurt anyone, right?'

Darkness magic directly countered Light Magic, and from what the Great Sage had theorised, at a high enough level, it'd gain the ability to absorb and dissolve any energy-based attacks, along with any living thing.

It was my best bet against Light Magic and Light Power, at least until my innate weaknesses as a Devil were dealt with.

'That'll be a good counter to Fallen Angels, who are no longer blessed by Biblical God's system...'