Chapter 12: The Bael Clan's Banquet (2)

"Hm..." The book in my hands closed, and I turned towards Celis, who stood above a [Teleportation Magic Circle] she had created moments ago. "Mother, are you going somewhere?"

At my sudden movements, the maid who was behind me stopped combing my hair.

"Indeed. I am going to visit Misla."

"Can I tag along, too? I'm bored..."

Hearing me whine, my mother sighed.

"Don't you have to prepare for the banquet? The three of you must leave in one and a half hours."

"Mother, I'm not a girl..."

I could be ready for the banquet in under three minutes and still manage to look good.

On the other hand, Latia and Alice had been at it for almost three hours now, and honestly, I could only imagine them coming out five minutes before the banquet began.

What were they even doing?

"But don't you have to memorise the details about those who will attend this banquet, too?"

The book in my hands contained information about the various young devils who'd be present at the banquet today.

Apart from a handful of kids my age, I didn't know anyone else, so my mother forced me into reading this.

I was well-versed in the Devil Clan's history, powers, and social standings, but I never really paid attention to their current heirs and relationships that much.

Well, not most of them, at least.

"I've already finished the book, so can I tag along?"

That was a lie. Forcing through half of it had taken everything from me.

Unless something caught my interest, my attention span was worse than a goldfish.

"If I take you with me, you'll need to promise you won't cause any trouble at the banquet..."

"Anything you say."

"Not calling anyone there incompetent or trash?"

I nodded vigorously.

"And you won't be mean to Sairaorg because of his Demonic Power, okay?"

Do you think I'm incapable of acting politely?—was what I would've asked, but I had already given up on that.

"Don't worry... I'll be good."

"Fine, you can tag along."

Hearing her approval, I got off the chair and stood by her side with a smile.

"Let's go."

.
.
.

[Underworld: The Bael Clan's Territory.]

'This is...'

The two of us appeared outside a palace, which, while decently luxurious for most people, didn't seem like a place someone from the Bael Clan would live in.

'It's different from what I remember... To think the Great Queen Bael lives in such a shabby place...'

The last time my mother visited Misla Bael with me, it was at the Bael Castle, but it seemed that their situation had changed a lot since then.

There was no way a troupe like this wasn't related to canon.

"The Bael Clan sent Misla and Sairaorg to the countryside of their territory after Lord Bael's second son was born..."