Chapter 9: The Kuoh Town (2)

"So even Flash can't outrun what the writers smoke, huh..." Latia looked at the television with a bland expression while munching on some snacks. A few seconds later, she turned towards the mobile phone in my hands. "Hm, aren't you watching?"

'Ah, so it's season seven...'

The CGI was enough for me to identify which season it was.

"The only thing good about that show is the Reverse Flash and Zoom, maybe Savitar, too, but that doesn't change the fact that it just went downhill after season three."

The splitting up of the original team flash made it even worse.

After all, even lying to my mother had worse consequences than Barry altering the timeline.

"You have already watched it?"

"Well, yeah."

"But you don't have to be that mean about it... The show is still pretty fun."

I never said it wasn't fun, though.

"Wait until you see speedsters fighting with lightsabers."

With how much she liked the show, Latia's reaction to that would be hilarious.

"Hmmm..." Noticing that I wasn't going to continue this conversation, Latia leaned towards me, trying to get a look at my mobile screen. "What's this?"

"I'm watching kids bump into skaters in a skate park and getting hurt..."

I must say, it was oddly satisfying.

"That's a very disturbing hobby." Latia switched off the television as the snacks around her disappeared, reappearing on the table. "We should sleep now, or Alice will be mad. And we need to leave for our last destination tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah."

Tomorrow, we'll visit the final destination of our little trip—Japan.

The reason why it was last on our list despite being an active zone for supernatural activities was because it was where the plot of DxD would happen, which wasn't a reason enough, to be honest.

Other than that, we already visited Italy, England, India, Russia, the United States of America, Greece, France, Egypt, and even places that weren't much of an active zone for the supernaturals.

We were currently in Romania, the Astaroth Clan's territory.

Our territory bordered the lands of the Carmilla Faction, a female-dominated Vampire Faction.

However, since Vampires had enough internal conflicts, there wasn't much trouble between the Devils and Vampires in Romania. The overseer of Romania and the Carmilla Faction stayed out of each other's ways, not bothering each other unless necessary, which was for the best.

We also met the current overseer of this territory, and during that meeting, something rather interesting happened.

One of the overseer's servants possessed a Sacred Gear, and although it wasn't an extraordinary gear, it was enough to arouse my curiosity.

After the Great Sage analysed the servant's body, there was something else inside it, apart from the Sacred Gear.

An Evil Piece was implanted inside the servant's chest, which made perfect sense, considering he was a Reincarnated Devil.

But what didn't make sense was that Alice's body had no such Evil Piece inside it, so how was she even a Reincarnated Devil, or was she a Half Devil/Human Hybrid?