Chapter 22: Play House (2)

"It has been a while, Lord Gremory."

Standing inside his office, Lord Astaroth looked at Zeoticus Gremory, shaking his hand before the latter turned towards Sebastian, who stood next to Lord Astaroth.

"It's been a long time, Lord Sebastian."

"Let's skip the formalities, Zeoticus. We've known each other for centuries."

Sebastian waved it off, making Zeoticus smile.

"You haven't changed."

"Neither have you, so why not tell us what you have in mind? I doubt you'd visit just because you had some free time."

"Indeed, Zeoticus. It's rare for you to meet us in private unless it's an official meeting."

Hearing Sebastian and Lord Astaroth's comments, Zeoticus chuckled.

"Why don't we have a seat before talking?"

At that proposal, the three sat around a round table.

"So, what's up?"

As Sebastian urged him, Zeoticus looked at him with a confused expression.

"Why are you in a hurry?"

"Sebastian had a business meeting which he had to cancel because you decided to call us on such short notice, so he's a bit curious about what this is about..."

Hearing Lord Astaroth's explanation, Zeoticus nodded.

"Well, I'll be blunt... I want to propose a marriage between the Astaroth and the Gremory Clan."

"While that came out of nowhere, I can't say I'm surprised..."

True to his words, Sebastian's expression didn't change after hearing Zeoticus' proposal.

"Since Rias is the Heiress of the Gremory Clan, and Diodora is the Heir of the Astaroth Clan, I take it that what you're asking is for Azrail to marry into the Gremory Clan."

At Lord Astaroth's explanation, Zeoticus nodded, and soon, he turned towards Sebastian, waiting for the latter to speak his mind.

"I have two questions."

"Yes?"

"The Great King Faction... What's their opinion on having a relationship like this between the siblings of two of the Four Great Satans? I don't believe they'll just let us do as we please when it can threaten their political power in the future."

"Sirzechs has already handled that matter, although he refused to tell me what he negotiated on, but apparently, he had a bargaining chip up his sleeve, and Zekram Bael said that as long the result is a Pure Blooded Devil, he will not object to it."

"Hmm." Sebastian pondered for a few seconds. "Sirzechs had something on Zekram?"

"That should be it, but I have no idea." Zeoticus shook his head.

"I see. Then, for my second question, considering that Azrail and Rias are very close, I can't help but wonder if you are taking this decision as the Head of the Gremory Clan or Rias' father?"

"If it was purely for the Clan, I would've gone to Lord Phenex and proposed a marriage agreement for their third son, Riser Phenex, but I'm sure Rias wouldn't like that... As for Azrail, Rias likes him, so that suffices both my positions as the Clan Head and her father, and it's not hard to choose between Riser and Azrail."

"Well, that makes sense..." Sebastian leaned back on his chair. "But Lord Phenex..."

"Is something wrong with him?"