Chapter 16: The Overseer of Bucharest (3)

"You want to become Azrail's [Queen]?"

Alice didn't seem surprised by Latia's bold claims, as if she had already expected it to happen.

"If that's the case, you must work very hard."

With a smile, Alice patted Latia's head before turning towards me.

"Azrail, you must be the youngest Devil ever to receive your Evil Pieces."

"Is it that rare?"

Latia was a lot more surprised than me.

"It is... Young Devils usually go through an evaluation after they turn ten to determine when they'd receive their set of Evil Pieces, but that didn't happen in his case."

Alice got up from her seat before a [Transportation Magic Circle] appeared below her.

"Then, shall we go to the Agreas City?"

Both Latia and I nodded, jumping onto the magic circle before the three of us disappeared.

---

[Agreas City.]

"This place is quite different from what I had previously expected..."

"Hey, Alice... Isn't it illegal to teleport inside the Agreas City unless you're a VIP or if it's an emergency?"

The Agreas City was an important place for the Devils, and it was even considered a world treasure thanks to the value it offered, so Latia's question made sense.

"Indeed, but those are for civilians and normal people, you know? In Agreas City, I have the second-highest authority after Satan Beelzebub, and I can teleport anyone I wish to inside the city without prior notice."

"Wait... Weren't you the 'former' manager here?"

"What do you mean former?"

Alice looked at me, confused.

"It has been a decade since you left your job as the Manager of this place, right?"

"Not really." Alice shook her head. "I have been on a paid holiday for the past decade and can take my position back anytime."

What kind of dream job was that?

"Wait, before you moved in with us after my birth, where did you live?"

It was an honest question.

"I bought a penthouse atop the Agreas City Government Office for convenience when I started working here. Do you guys want to see it? The view from there is mesmerising."

Those words made me wonder. How rich was she exactly?

"I do."

"Me too."

Latia and I agreed immediately, and Alice decided to show us around Agreas City first.

.
.
.

"Hey, Alice."

Hearing me call out to her, she turned around.

"Yes?"

"I've heard rumours that Agreas City contains the technology of the Old Four Great Satans and that this place hasn't been fully explored yet. Is it true?"

"Of course not." Alice giggled. "Lord Beelzebub spread those rumours to increase the market value of this place. We've already fully explored this city, and every piece of technology from the era of the Great War has been retrieved by us."