Chapter 13: The Bael Clan's Banquet (3)

"Invitation, please."

At the butler's request, Alice handed over the two invitation cards she had received from the Bael Clan to him.

"Lady Alice, Lord Azrail, and Lady Latia..." After confirming that the Bael Clan's seal on the cards was legit, the butler placed his right hand on his chest and bowed respectfully. "Welcome to the Bael Clan's Banquet. May I have the honour of guiding you to the dining area?"

"Very well."

The butler guided us towards the main hall, where the banquet would happen.

From her reaction, it seemed like Latia was impressed by how luxurious the Bael Clan's Castle was, both internally and externally.

But it was understandable.

The Bael Clan still followed the traditional architectural patterns from thousands of years ago, contrary to the Astaroth Clan's modern interior design, so it was a new experience for Latia.

"The Bael Clan's Castle is something else..."

"Well, they must show off at least this much to maintain their image as the first-ranked Pillar Clan."

"You don't seem all that impressed, Azrail."

"From how things are, it feels like the Bael Clan's sense of self-worth is directly proportional to their wealth, so I'm not impressed, honestly..."

Not to mention, the fact that I had already visited this place with my mother once didn't help much.

"Hey, the butler can hear you..."

Latia tried to warn me, but the only thing she got in return was a casual shrug.

"There's a barrier around us that won't let any sounds escape... The butler won't hear anything even if we start singing a song."

"But I can't sense [Sound Barriers]..."

"It's not necessarily the usual sound barrier... A better way to put it would be that I'm simply controlling the vibrations around us."

Latia blinked at me, somewhat dumbfounded. "You can do that?"

"You don't know about [Sound Magic]?"

"I certainly don't..."

"It's another one of my self-created magic, similar to [Gravity Magic]... But with my current mastery, my control over sound is very little."

[Gravity Magic] and [Sound Magic] were party tricks I created when there was nothing better for me to do as a child.

While Great Sage was busy researching important spells and demonic power, I created them to pass some time.

My original goal was a spell called [Hypnotic Voice], but somehow, I ended up with [Sound Magic] coming into existence instead.

After I mastered [Sound Magic] and [Gravity Magic] to greater heights, I planned to recreate the heartbeat attack that Anos used to bully an opponent or replicate the abilities of C-Moon.

Although, that was still far into the future.

Creating magic types wasn't difficult with some basic knowledge, but improving them through research was time-consuming.

"Hold on... We didn't bring any gifts!"

"That's what you're worried about, Latia?"

"The congratulatory gifts have already been delivered to the Bael Clan by the Astaroth Clan's servants."