🦋{𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐫}🦋

"𝐈𝐟 𝐈'𝐦 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐞, 𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐝𝐨, 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡."
- 𝐎𝐡 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐲

"- 𝐎𝐡 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐲

♡°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°🦋°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°♡

There was a certain beauty to a person's youth.

The moment of their birth was something extraordinary as they would experience the first of their senses. An infant's sight became clearer as they saw their parents for the very first time. Their ears were graced with words of endearment from the ones who'd raise them. A cloth soft enough to lull them to sleep would bring comfort in a world full of hate. The very first taste of a baby's formula provided the nutrition they needed to survive. And the scents of their surroundings allowed them to familiarize the world they would live in.

The childhood years were those of the most innocent within a person's life. A duration of growth and learning allowed the child to gain daily experiences, including academic studies and extracurricular activities. It was when they began to show an interest in what would then be their career. Once they reached their teenage years, they would prepare for life's challenging problems.

But then reality would set in, and those childhood years would be over, leaving all of the innocence to fade away. As an adult, the child would have many responsibilities and encounter difficult situations. They were the ones to make the most significant decisions that not only affected themselves but the entire world.

Katrina had very little recollection of her childhood, the limited memories of the moments spent with her father reaching the surface of her mind. Taking lessons for singing and ballroom dancing lasted a few hours each day, and the proper techniques of being a woman of elegance were even longer. But the unfortunate constant in her life was the process of controlling her episodes, taking at least one dose of the elixir every day.

There wasn't much to say about her childhood as Giuseppe had been overly focused on maintaining his daughter's self-control. After she killed her father, Katrina nearly believed she'd be eternally lost to the chaos. Without the help of her brothers and friends, it would've consumed her entirely.

Throughout the years of her lifetime, she had made a few friends and fell in love multiple times. Decades worth of adventures were precious during their own times; what she had in the now was the most precious of them all.

When she returned to Mystic Falls in 2007, Katrina didn't know what to expect. Life in the 19th century had been different than that of the 21st century. Back then, she was excessively shy and mainly kept to herself. She didn't speak unless she was spoken to, and she never allowed herself to walk ahead of anyone. It was a rather boring life she lived before her travels, but because of Caroline, Bonnie, and even Elena, she grew comfortable with her new life as a high school student.