🦋{𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐓𝐨𝐰𝐧}🦋

"𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐛 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐬, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐣𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐬 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞."
- 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐤𝐨 𝐈𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐚𝐤𝐢

"- 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐤𝐨 𝐈𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐚𝐤𝐢

♡°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°🦋°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°♡

Another two weeks dragged by, and the oldest Salvatore's mood didn't get any better. No matter how many times he promised, Klaus had yet to awaken Elijah. She knew he wasn't to blame, yet she didn't understand why he wasn't trying harder to get his siblings back. So, while he was wasting his time doing God knows what, Katrina stayed away from him, talking to him as little as possible.

October 10th had finally approached, which was Caroline's birthday, giving the female Salvatore a reason to be happy again. She had sent a message to her friends, planning a surprise for the Forbes girl. Everyone in the group agreed and helped as much as they could.

Katrina instructed Elena and Bonnie to decorate Caroline's locker while she took the day off to plan her best friend's party at the Forbes' home. Liz was grateful for the Salvatore as she had to visit the police station for the day, but Katrina didn't mind. Caroline was one of her best friends, and she'd do anything for her.

Soon enough, school was over for the day, and Elena, Bonnie, and Matt arrived at the house to help with last-minute decorations. The Salvatore could imagine Caroline's bright blue-green eyes and wide smile, a sight that would surely brighten anyone's day. There was no doubt that Katrina was looking forward to the day's events.

All of the lights were off in the house when Caroline opened the front door. The group waited for her to walk in to jump out of their hiding spots and cheer.

"Surprise!"

"Happy birthday!" Matt added with a smile.

The blonde was surprised to see her friends, but she wasn't as happy as the Salvatore expected. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Well, you blew off school and missed our work of birthday art, so..." Elena took off the crown she was wearing and placed it on the blonde's head.

"Change into warmer clothes. We are going to the Falls," Bonnie announced enthusiastically. "S'mores, campfire..."

"Cake! Like when we were little."

Matt held up a bottle of alcohol as he said, "Except for the tequila!"

"Thanks, guys." Caroline smiled lightly at them. "Really, um, I'm just not feeling my birthday this year."

"Oh, come on." The brunette Salvatore smiled at the blonde. "'You're not allowed to be sad around your birthday.' Your words, remember? You made it official that everyone's favorite day of the year was your birthday."