🦋{𝐊𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐬}🦋

"𝐌𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭. 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝. 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐥𝐥... 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮."
- 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐬

"- 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐬

♡°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°🦋°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°♡

She didn't know how, but Katrina felt as though the day would be better than those in the last few weeks. The sun seemed to shine brighter through the curtains, beckoning the residents of Mystic Falls to leave their humble abodes. As if sensing the heavy weight that lifted off her shoulders, the birds chirped together in the April air to form a lovely tune that tranquilized the oldest Salvatore.

Her eyes shot open at the sound of her phone's ring tone, interrupting her state of tranquility. Breathing out a deep sigh, she reached for the device placed on the bedside table, eyes narrowing at the Gilbert girl's name on the screen.

"Elena?" The Salvatore asked through the phone.

"Hey, Kat," the doppelgänger responded on the other end. "Did I wake you?"

"No, no. I've been awake for a bit." She sat up in her bed. "What do you need?"

"There's something I want to show you. I'm waiting outside."

"Oh, you're still here?" Katrina had assumed that the Gilbert girl left already to go about her day. "How important is this thing you wish to show me?"

"Very."

The Salvatore's brown eyebrows lifted with interest. "All right, then. I'll meet you there."

She ended the call as she stood up from the bed and strolled along the floor to the wood-colored dresser, where a small mirror and a hairbrush were placed. To avoid making the doppelgänger wait much longer, the oldest Salvatore used her enhanced speed to quickly get dressed, apply makeup, and comb her hair.

As she reached to open the front door of the boarding house, Katrina's heart suddenly began to beat faster with apprehension. She had no reason to feel such a way as Elena was a mere human, yet there was an uneasy feeling in the pit of the Salvatore's stomach that made her hesitate.

She eventually opened the door and glanced outside to search for the girl, but nobody was there. Closing the door behind her, she took cautious steps to the driveway, alarming eyes scanning the perimeter.

"Elena?" She called out, soon finding the doppelgänger by her Mustang. "There you are. What was it you wanted to show me?"

"Um..." the Gilbert girl looked over the Salvatore's shoulder, which raised Katrina's suspicions.