🦋{𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠}🦋

"𝐓𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭."
- 𝐍𝐢𝐤𝐤𝐢 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐧

"- 𝐍𝐢𝐤𝐤𝐢 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐧

♡°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°🦋°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°♡

If Katrina was ever in need of another to help her decide on a dress for a formal event, that someone was Caroline Forbes. When they became best friends, they agreed to plan everything together, and that included their weddings. Homecoming night was no different, and the two desperately needed each other to find the right dresses.

The local boutique had everything suitable for a formal event, ranging from different styles of dresses to numerous kinds of accessories. While Caroline was excited to go dress shopping with her best friend, the female Salvatore wasn't in the mood for once.

Spending the night before her birthday at a school dance should be an extra special gift to her. Every student in the high school somehow knew that her birthday was the next day, so they'd surely mention it to her whenever they got the chance, most likely at the dance. And while she would smile and thank them, she'd never truly feel the satisfaction one does on their birthday because her lover wasn't there.

Every day without the noble Original affected Katrina both mentally and physically. To breathe the air without his scent of old books and clean suits was causing her a sense of depression. To taste blood that wasn't as intoxicating as his did nothing but weaken her... quite literally. The nosebleeds occurred more often than before, and Katrina knew that human blood somewhat helped her survive, but without Elijah's blood, she wasn't sure how much longer she'd stay alive.

"No, no, no," Caroline began with a shake of her head, seemingly noticing the Salvatore's saddened expression. "You're not allowed to be sad around your birthday. It's the time for you to celebrate."

"Caroline," she sighed, glancing up at the blonde. "I don't think this year is appropriate of me to celebrate turning a year older."

With a small pout, the younger vampire asked, "Why not?"

"I think you know why."

The Forbes girl gave her a look of sympathy when she realized her friend's lack of enthusiasm. "You miss him."

Caroline was aware of the Salvatore's relationship with Elijah. The brunette had told her how he made her feel and that every second he remained daggered was like a stab to Katrina's heart. The blonde, as understanding as she was, supported their relationship despite the suited Original's relation to Klaus and Rebekah.

"Of course, I do. There isn't a moment that goes by when I don't miss him."

"But this is supposed to distract you," Caroline said, looking at her reflection in the mirror as she held up two dresses. "He wouldn't want you to mope all the time."