Chapter 65

Stefano

I was so sure i had seen enough of Matteo after that night at the event he had cornered me in the restroom, but I guess I was wrong because right now he had his hand around my neck and his lips on mine, cold, soft and plump.

My heart had officially stopped beating, with my eyes wide open and my hand becoming clammy with sweat, I think I may be dead because there's no way In hell Matteo would kiss me willingly.

His lips moved so softly and gently, almost as if he was scared I'd break if he kissed me with urgency, I couldn't react, for the first two minutes that he kept moving his lips on mine, I just stood there like a statue, until I felt his tongue poke the entrance of my lips, I didn't know why I did it, but I opened my mouth and his tongue swiftly swooped in and I started responding to the kiss.

Letting my tongue swipe his bottom lip, he tasted like sweet candy and peaches, and his lips were so soft that I almost felt like chewing on it, my hand moved on their own landed on his lower back, his hand around my neck was cold and I could almost feel how nervous he was, or maybe it was just me.

He wasn't kissing me like an expert and he didn't kiss like a novice either, it was as if he'd found the perfect rhythm and was going with the flow.
My feet had turned jelly and my insides were threatening to spill, Matteo is kissing me.

Wait, Matteo's kissing me
That kind of snapped me as I pulled away from him, dropping my hand as if his burnt, I took two steps back and when I looked at him, he had a frown on his face, and his deep sea blue eyes were staring up at me and I didn't even know how to feel in that moment

He was breathing hard and his lips were swollen and parted, what the hell just happened.
"Why"? I whispered out, I could feel my resolve falter, I shouldn't have kissed him back, I should have just kept going even when he pulled me back.

He opened his mouth and for a second I was hoping deep down that he'd say what I was expecting him to say, what I'd been praying would happen for the past three years, the part of me that was head over heels for Matteo wanted to hear him say he kissed me because he likes me, but instead he just shut his mouth and I felt my heart crack, the already broken pieces cracking all over again.

Of course he didn't do it because he liked me, he just feels guilty for what he said to me, he pities me.
I felt like I was suffocating, drowning in my own head and I couldn't even do anything to save myself
"Why'd you do that when you know how I feel about you"? I asked knowing my voice conveyed how sad and heartbroken I was currently feeling.

"Because I want you to give me a second chance, I want you to know that I'm sorry and I really want to take it back, to take back everything I ever said to you" he muttered, I scoffed as I closed my eyes and opened them back, why am I surprised, he kissed me because he feels guilty and wants my fucking forgiveness.

"Is that what this is about? You feeling guilty and wanting redemption, you kissed me because you feel guilty for me"? I asked and he just shook his head and took a step closer to me

"No, no, that's not what this is, you're getting it all wrong Stef" he whispered and I just looked away from him, I was thinking he'd stopped talking but when I looked at him, he had this conflicted look in his eyes "I know you want a reason as to why I kissed you and I swear I want to give you one, but if I told you I know why I did it, then I'd be lying, I did the first thing my heart and mind told me to do and I don't regret it..." He paused and more worry lines etched themselves on his face before he looked at me again "I like you Stef" he whispered and that made me freeze up as I looked at him my heart going slow and slow, almost as if I was learning to breathe

I always wondered what it would be like to hear Matteo say those words to me, and now that he was actually saying it, I was conflicted, I didn't know if I should believe him, or be excited, I clenched my jaw when I remembered his words.