Chapter 64

Matteo

I wasn't really a master of dressing up, it had never been my cup of tea, but here I was standing trying to find something suitable to wear, why?
Because I was going to the event Hewitt had given me an invite to, and I was going there with the sole purpose of talking to Stefano, I had given him enough time already.

I picked out a burgundy blazer jacket, same color of pants and a nude coloured buttoned up shirt inside, like I said, not really an expert in terms of fashion, I just picked up my gold wristband, and then my car keys before I left the penthouse, I got down in no time and got into my car and drove to the location of the event.

To be honest I have no idea what the event was about, but I read somewhere that it was a Charity event, that was all needed to know, I had spent hours in front of the mirror practicing what I would say to Stefano, not because I didn't know what to say, but because I was fucking nervous, even without having seen him for weeks, I was still fucking nervous about seeing him today.

I remember when the thought and sight of him did nothing but aggravate me, then I had no problem telling him how I felt, I was never even nervous around him, but now I was fucking coming apart inside with nerves, and I know I'll be much worse when I actually set my eyes on him.

I hope Hewitt is right and he will come to the event, I didn't even know how time worked because in no time I was standing in front of the double doors as I pushed it open and stepped into the huge decorated hall, it was filled to the brim with stuck up rich men that I hardly recognize, personally anything that doesn't have to do with guns, torturing and mafia shit, I don't involve myself in, all the legal stuff was all Spade, and I never had a problem with it.

Thinking of Spade, I hope he's not here because it'll be really weird if I saw him here when I hadn't even told him I'd be here, I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed on this one.

I scanned the lit hall, looking for someone as I made my way further inside, I didn't want to spend longer than required here, the earlier I see Stefano, the better.
He was the sole reason I was here tonight, not to mingle and socialize with people I'll probably never remember their names again.

I made my way to the bar and I caught a few girls blatantly eye raping me, and that didn't even faze me, usually attention like that, doesn't really get to me, I've never actually considered it, most times when girls give me that kind of attention, I assume they just want to fuck, and I'm really over that relationship based on sex thing, it's pointless and meaningless to me.

I stopped at the counter, I didn't want anything alcoholic, at least I have to be at my best when I talk to Stefano, I don't want to give him more reasons to hate me

The guy at the bar turned to face me and I could have sworn he kind of gave me the same look the girls from earlier on gave me, I cocked my brows, is there something on my face that I don't know about?

"What can I get you"? he said with a smile so bright, that I could swear I could see my reflection on his teeth

"Water" I muttered, trying not to look into his eyes that were shamelessly taking through my body, I'd always been confident around people, but I don't know what it was about this guy that was making me self conscious.

Is it because of the fact that I feel like he's checking me out, or that I know now that guys probably find me attractive, I'd never really noticed, but since I found out Stefano liked me, it made me notice things I wouldn't usually notice.

"Are you sure you don't want me to fix you something"? He asked biting his lips and I just narrowed my eyes at him, okay now I'm sure he's flirting with me