Chapter 32: Grandparents

"Grandpa?" Jungkook asks. The man nods with a huge smile on his face.

Jungkook looks at him in disbelief. It has been so long, almost 10 years since he saw family from his mom's side.

"Yes, yes I am! Remember me? I used to take you out for ice cream and watch over you when your parents were gone and when your other grandparents couldn't. It's me Jungkook! Choi Kyungho," the man smiles as tears start to pile in his eyes.

"I-I do remember you papa kyung," Jungkook calls him the nickname he used to call him when he was little. His grandpa nods. "You remember! My boy you have grown so much, it's one thing to see it in pictures, but it's another to see you in person. Look at you, so handsome," his grandpa goes ahead and caresses his hair and touches his cheeks.

"Papa, is it you? After so long?" Jungkook asks again, still in disbelief. He begins to tear up as the man nods. Jungkook then goes in and hugs him very tight.

"I promise you that it's me, big boy! It truly is me, it's not a dream or an illusion. It's been so long since we saw each other that is all," his grandpa replies, hugging back tighter. He then breaks the hug and takes another look at him.

"Gosh you've grown so much. You were still so young when I last saw you! Now you are tall, handsome as always, yet still so cute looking!" His grandpa chuckles a bit and ruffles his hair.

Jungkook gives him a small smile.

"Your grandma will be so surprised when she sees you.

"Wow you look a lot like your dad, but I see some of your mom's reflections on you too," he smiles, wiping his tears and wiping Jungkook's away.

"You still live around here papa? I thought you had moved. Or so Dad said you guys had moved overseas," Jungkook wipes his tears, he looks at his grandpa with a dear expression but filled with questions.

"No! We've always lived here. We never went overseas, I mean we did a couple of times, but we've always lived here my boy," His grandpa replies as Jungkook tilts his head confused. His dad must have lied.

"However, do you have some time? Your grandma would love to see you, and we could catch up, if not for how long are you staying in Busan for?" His grandpa asks.

"I do, I have plenty of time today and I don't leave Busan until the end of this week. I have a few more days!" Jungkook replies sniffling and tightening his grip on his backpack.

"Then would you like to come to our house? We have remodeled some of it, and it looks a little more bigger and modern, but it's still filled with love!" His grandpa enthusiastically asks, hoping the boy says yes.

"Of course, let me just message my friends that I will be getting home a little late, I came with them to Busan," Jungkook agrees as he pulls out his phone to text the group chat that they have.

"You came with your friends? It makes me so happy to hear that! I was worried you would have stayed lonely because you deserve to have people around you! Introduce us to them before you leave! Let us treat them to a meal!" His grandpa comments as they begin to walk to the house.

"Yeah I do! It wasn't until recently though," He smiles. As they head their way his grandpa asks some basic questions that he responds to but vaguely. His grandpa would love to go more in detail over the questions, but he would rather ask them all in front of his wife since she probably had the same questions in mind.

"We are here!" His grandpa stops and says after the 5 minute walk.

Jungkook looks up to see the familiar house. It's now two stories up and a little more bigger, but everything else seems the same as he remembers. The color was a whitish gray.