Chapter 22: I Found Them

Kyungmi runs her hands through her hair.

"There is no way it is him; it can't be him. Then again, everything matches..." She talks to herself. She vigorously shakes her leg as millions of thoughts cloud her mind.

It had been about two hours since her last talk with Jungkook and she kept feeling anxious, still trying to process everything the boy had said. She was also trying to analyze the situation.

Ever since Jungkook started talking about his dream and mentioned her name she had been shaken. She was taken aback because she never expected it— it had caught her off guard. She didn't understand how Jungkook would dream about hearing her name if she wasn't his mother. The boy had never heard her real name since the start so she didn't know how he could possibly have heard it in his dream. Unless he was her son. One of the two people she had been trying to find in her life.

Not only was it the name, but also the words and actions that were told. Those actions and words were exactly what she had said and what had happened back then for that moment has been something she has been able to remember detail by detail, word by word. "How could it be?" She asks again and gets a call from her phone.

She looks at it to see the name of the investigator. She takes a deep breath and answers the call.

"Hello?" She speaks.

"Ms. Choi! I have what I hope is some good news for you!" The investigator at the other end replies with a satisfied tone.

"Really? W-what is it?" she stutters.

"We think we have found your son. The right one this time. As to your daughter, we are almost there but we have found everything we can know about your son." He replies and Kyungmi widens her eyes not knowing what to say or think once more.

"I take it that when you left and when he was born your sons' name was Jeon Jungsuk right? Born September 1st, 1997?"

"Yes." She replies.

"Well, we were able to find out that your ex changed his name when he was almost 4 years old. His new name or the name he has carried ever since is now Jeon Jungkook. He is a college student and is the hidden child of Jeon Junwoo." He speaks and she gapes.

It was true. All her doubts disappeared right then and there and everything could almost be explained in that moment too.

"My son's name is now Jeon Jungkook. A college student? Do you know the name of his college?"

"No, there are some details we have yet left to find but we do have some pictures of him that we are sending to your email right now!" She quickly goes and opens her laptop. She logs in quickly and pulls up her emails. She immediately clicks on the file, and there shows up pictures of Jungkook. She feels the tears in her eyes and falls.

"Everything seems to point that he is your son, of course, if you want full confirmation a paternity test would need to be done, but only if you wish. What we know is that for whatever reason he has not been shown in the spotlight by Mr. Jeon. He is majoring in the music field and has a clean record. As to why his name was changed, we don't know however we do know it is only his name that has been changed." He informs Kyungmi as she covers her mouth to stop the sobs that want to erupt from her chest.

"I see. Is it all legit?" She tries to not break her voice.

"Yes, we have evidence that shows it."

"I see. Thank you very much, investigator! I will handle the paternity test if I choose to do so. However, I am quite shaken up a bit to talk more." She says.

"We understand, it's a big thing. We are glad to be of help and we will try for your daughter too. Have a good day." He says and hangs.

Kyungmi shakingly puts her phone to the side and cries with everything within her. "I have found one of you? Are you really my son?! Did I find you? Is it really you?" she asks herself as she cries. The emotions she felt hit her stronger than a few minutes ago.