Chapter 8: The Studio

Jungkook looked back and saw his professor who called for him, approaching. "Yes?"

"Do you have any other classes you need to attend right now or in the next couple minutes?" She asked and he shook his head. "No, my next lecture isn't until two hours from now. Why? Do you need to speak with me?" He asked and she nodded.

"I do. I want to chat and see how you and the boys are doing. If you don't mind, that is." She replies with a smile and Jungkook shakes his head as she nods and signals for him to follow her into her office.

She unlocks the door and lets the younger enter the room first. He bows and quickly goes in. "Have a seat!" She says as she closes the door and then walks to her desk where she sits at the edge.

"So, how are you? How is the project coming along so far? I'm guessing it is going alright seeing as how  in today's lecture, you guys were talking and sharing opinions, and just being neutral with one another."

"Well, at the start it was all a mess. Honestly, maybe we still are a mess, but we were able to agree with one another when it comes to putting our personal feelings out of this as best as we can. I don't know how long it will last though. To be fair, they only agreed to keep it professional because Jimin has tried to bring peace between us, and because I proved them wrong with their assumptions about me. I feel like if it wasn't that, we wouldn't be where we are now. " He responds truthfully to her, feeling comfortable to share more of his thoughts and feelings towards her. He felt safe around her, he guesses it is due to the last outing they had where they got to know each other.

"Why? What makes you think that way and how did you prove them wrong?"

"Well, when we met up to talk about the project...we started to argue. I tried to stay neutral but it was hard because their insults and judgements were getting to me. They were lecturing me how I needed to actually help for this project and not let them do everything, how I am not one to put effort into things. I didn't mind those insults and more, even though they were irritating me, but there was one thing they thought and were about to say out loud that made me just burst." He looks down before continuing.

"They were about to call me a screw up." He keeps his gaze to the floor before getting up and going near her window.

"If I hadn't interrupted, then they would have said that statement for sure. Although it is not the first time I've been called a screw up, it's the one phrase that I wish I could stop hearing. It is the one phrase that hurts me the most. Mainly because...my father said it to me once. So, we started to argue until one of them calmed the situation down.  We didn't really argue for the rest of the time, but I felt irritated, mad, sad, and more...mainly mad that they were judging me without knowing me. So, I don't know why, but I got this urge to prove them wrong and show them that I do care about my shit." He looks at the professor who is tentatively listening.

"So, I tried to write the song, but even though I badly wanted to prove them wrong, nothing was truly pushing me enough to write lyrics. Feeling stressed and mentally tired, I took a nap, had a dream about two people in my family and that inspired me. I instantly started writing down what I had felt in the moment and the dream. I didn't write the whole melody or song, but I at least started what could be the chorus of the song or verses." He smiles, still feeling proud of what he was able to finish

"After doing so, I still had the dream in my mind. So, I went out for a walk to clear my head and there I bumped into Seokjin, and gave him the song sheet. I guess he showed it to the others and they liked it. I was expecting them to say something bad about it, but they only complimented me. They also apologized for what they said last time. It was weird," he admitted.

" Why weird? I have complimented you and I am sure other professors have too."

"Well, yeah. From you guys only. But I almost never get complimented from people that aren't adults. Heck, I am not used to even hearing my own family compliment me as sad as that sounds. So yeah. That's the answer to the questions. That's why we were able to get along. "