Chapter 26: The Truth

A/N: The chapter you all have been waiting for is finally here! I am so sorry I didn't update last month, college has kept me busy and I also depend on my beta readers so while I may have a chapter finished, I also have to take into consideration their time of when they can help me beta and or revise! I already wrote the next chapter and the editing for that should be soon! I also have a request story coming soon so be on the lookout for that! Thank you for your patience and we are nearing the last part of the book! This doesn't mean that it's ending right away, there are still at least I'd say 7 more chapters maybe 9 left to wrap this up. Could be less, it really depends but we are on the last stretch! Let me know what you guys think and thank you to my beat readers for leaving this polished and thank you guys for reading! Have a good day/Night! Enjoy the chapter!!

"Jungkookie, breakfast!!" Kyungmi yells out to her son after putting breakfast on the table for him. It was early and the younger one didn't have any classes. It was a Friday, the last day of the week before spring break started, and the younger one woke up early just to have breakfast with Kyungmi. He would move back to the dorms after spring break so he really wanted to spend all the time he could and experience living with her for the last time.

Kyungmi was upset that the time was running out of his stay at her place, but she was glad that after break he would at least stay one more week before moving out.

She didn't know how she would handle him leaving after knowing he was her son. But she knew she had to be strong, and she would at least still see him on campus. It wasn't enough for her, but it was something.

"I'm here! I'm here! Just needed to shower to freshen up and fully wake up!" Jungkook walks in and sits down with his hair semi damp. He only had it blow dried a little.

"You know, you really didn't need to wake up so early for me today. You are already doing that tomorrow when you go on your trip! I appreciate it, but I feel bad!" She looks at him guiltily as he sits down comfortably.

"Nonsense, Professor! I don't mind, plus I'll have enough sleep for the next two weeks. I told you that I wanted to enjoy the rest of the time left with you. I like living with you but I've overstayed and I want to push myself too," Jungkook replies with a smile.

He was going to miss living with Kyungmi, he wouldn't lie that living with her had made him feel warm and safe, something he hadn't felt in so long and it actually did make him sad that he had to leave, but it'd been too long, and although he knew the older woman loved having him there, he still didn't want to take advantage of her kindness towards him.

He also just wanted to try living independently with a roommate for a little more. He didn't know if he wanted to return to the dorm for the next semester, but he didn't want to think about that yet. He still had time to decide.

"You haven't overstayed. I'd be delighted to have you for longer, but I also understand you're seeking independence. I know we have a week left after the break, but know that you always have somewhere to come if things ever go south again, okay?" She says with a bright smile and Jungkook nods.

"I know, anyways let's eat! I need some fuel to function and you need to get ready to go to school! Why are you going again today?" Jungkook asks as he begins to eat.

Kyungmi smiles watching her son eat. Since he was young, he'd always had a big appetite and love for food.

"I still need to evaluate some of the groups, but I should be done before 3! I really need to give feedback so that you all know what to improve on!" She replies as she puts some food in her mouth.