Chapter 24: Return

Jungkook was shaking his leg as he ate breakfast. From the moment that he woke up he'd been nervous.

Today was finally the day that he would return to campus.

It was the day that he had to face everyone after that disaster of a party caused him to be humiliated and exposed. He knew he was ready, but he couldn't help but still feel nervous about what was to come.

"Bun, you have been shaking your leg the whole time. Everything is going to be okay. You have your new look and all. You have me, you have your hyungs. Everything will turn out well," Kyungmi covered his hands with hers to comfort him.

Seeing his leg shaking had the woman worried for her boy. Speaking of, Kyungmi had been able to talk with her sister and get a DNA sample of Jungkook when he wasn't home by taking a hair in his hair brush.

All she needed was to give the samples which she planned to do during her lunch break.

"I know, but I can't help but still feel nervous. I know I will have backup but still. I have to do this," he says as he finishes his breakfast.

"You can do this, now since you are done, let's head out. We both have classes we need to attend. Me to teach and you to learn! I promised to drive you so let's take my car," she says getting up and putting both their plates in the sink. She would wash them later.

Jungkook takes his backpack from the room he's been staying in. He catches a look of himself in the mirror. These clothes were definitely different from what he usually wore. He usually wore long loose fitting clothes that were comfortable and sometimes he would wear something shorter and tighter, but this time although the fitting was loose, it was slightly different.

He had on a white shirt, blue hoodie, and ripped jeans. It wasn't that he hadn't worn jeans like this before, just never on campus, as he was self conscious, but Jimin and the rest had urged him to embrace himself more so he wore some of the clothes they bought.

Taking one quick glance, he stepped out and saw Kyungmi in the hallway of the building as she waited for him to put on his shoes and close the door.

They walk to the car and drive off, Kyungmi putting some music on so that the other can relax a little but her son still seemed nervous the more they got closer to the school. She frowned.

She only wanted him to feel confident, to be sure of himself, to feel safe and not anxious. She hoped the other boys would be able to calm him down.

She smiles as they enter the parking lot. The boys were already waiting for them outside a car.

She parks near them and looks around to make sure no one is around.

Jungkook gets out of the car first and all the other boys gape in awe after seeing Jungkook in different clothes and his new hair in person.

"Wow, he really looks even more good looking in person with this! You did well Jimin!" Tae compliments Jungkook and pats Jimin's shoulder who smiles proudly.

"I told you," Jimin replies with a smug look.

"No kidding, he looks even more handsome than before!" Namjoon says as well, which causes a blush to appear on Jungkooks cheeks.

"You guys overestimate me too much. Morning hyungs!" He smiles and they smile back.

"Good morning Kookie! Did you sleep well?" Jin asks, heading over to stand next to him.

"I guess I did, though I really was second thinking that maybe I shouldn't be doing this but I didn't want to keep being a chicken!" He answers them. Seeing the professor get out of the car, they all greet her.