Chapter 17: Envious

"Then this will go here." Professor Jang says as she puts some food down. It had been the next day and the older woman woke up before Jungkook.

The first thing she did after washing up was to look in the guest room. When she saw Jungkook still sleeping peacefully, she smiled, closed the door, and started preparing breakfast. She didn't know what Jungkook liked, but she felt like he would eat anything.

She didn't know how the other would wake up, but she hoped that no tears were to be shown so early in the morning. It was pretty hard for her to fall asleep at night when all her thoughts were filled with worries for the young man. If he didn't want to change by himself then she was determined that she would do the impossible to change him and make him stronger. All that she wanted, in the end, was for him to be happy.

"Good morning." She heard a hoarse voice say. She looks up to see Jungkook all clean and changed. She smiles at him. He seems better even though his eyes are red and puffy from crying so much.

"Morning! You are finally up! How do you feel? Want to eat? I've made some food for you." She says, keeping her smile and Jungkook nods, taking a seat.

"Here, let me serve you!" She says putting some food on his plate with some rice.

"Thank you!" He gives a small bow with his head.

"Oh Jungkookie, no need to be so formal with me. We are outside school hours, you don't have to address me so formally." She then grabs some food for herself and goes sit down at the other end of the table.

Jungkook begins eating and he immediately finds the food delicious. It has been a while since he got a home cooked meal made this way. Of course Yugyeom and him have cooked but there's always a difference. He almost wanted to cry again but held it in. He had cried enough.

"I know you may not be as okay, but are you still very sentimental kook? I see tears pooling in your eyes already." Professor Jang calls out as she watches Jungkook sniffle a little and sees his eyes water.

"No, I'm not okay yet for sure, but I'm sure I'll be soon. I'm not that sentimental, I just, it's been a while since I've gotten a home cooked meal...I don't get it often so I just. It's been a while. I'm sorry. I'm sorry if I'm ruining your breakfast too." He frowns as he explains. Professor Jang frowns back.

"Hey, you didn't ruin anything, okay? I get it. If you ever want a home cook meal though, let me know and I'll cook for you. You don't need to apologize for things you have no fault in. Let's just eat, and then we can talk if you wish to do so, alright? I don't teach today so I have the day free." She suggests and Jungkook nods.

They both eat in silence, but it was a comforting one. Jungkook tried to savor every bite. He couldn't deny that Professor Jang's cooking was very good. It felt delicious and homey. It took them 30 minutes to eat. Jungkook got up and washed his plate after he had finished. Professor tried to stop him but he insisted after everything she had done for him.

"So do you want to talk now?" She asks and he nods. He sits on the couch and she sits next to him, getting cozy with her legs.

"Actually never mind, let's do something else before we talk. Something that may make you feel lighter. Follow me." She says, getting up gesturing with her hand for the bit to follow. Jungkook raises his eyebrows in question and gets up to follow her.

Jungkook then enters a medium size room with a piano, some guitars, and microphone. "Woah, this is cool."

"I really like this room. Whenever I'm down or need to simply be with music, I come here. It's almost like a healing place. I thought that before we talk we could sing. How about that?" She sits and gets a guitar. Jungkook nods and finds a chair to sit next to her shyly.

Who I Really Am JJKxBTSजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें