Chapter 42

The walk to your room was full of memories and excitement, Ominis occasionally tripping on the furry carpets hugging the the hallway floors that your mother used to obsess over.

The sights from the window to the pictures on the walls, igniting a sense of familiarity with in you that you had forgotten you were even seeking.

How long has it been since you felt normal like this? The time spent back there (Hogwarts) was definitely hectic, cautious, and very exhausting. Having to learn everything from scratch was a hefty price in which you had to pay for your once bold curiosity, and yet finding him among the masses you had met was like a miracle in its own self. He rose like a beacon of hope that lit your life and gave you a purpose in a world you were unfamiliar with.

Here though, you were safe, there was no dark wizards following you around trying to dismantle you of your powers. There was no Rockwood or Ranrok causing havocs all over the place leaving you restless and worried.

Here was peace, and calm. a simple world where running out of coffee in the house was the biggest problem in comparison, because otherwise Ella would make sure everyone knew she was in a bad mood.

You chuckled at the idea as you subconsciously started swinging your hand back and forth bringing the warmth it was holding with it to a synchronized dance. Ominis smiled gently holding your hand tighter as he felt the glee radiate off of you.

"Are you that happy you are back home?" His tone was amused but you didn't miss the hint of hesitation it was laced with. You turned to look at him, the smile that graced his features warmed your heart furthermore.

Home? Where is home now exactly? Was it the little sanctuary you had made for yourself in the room of requirements with him? Was it your grandfather's mansion that you had started to get comfortable in? Or was it here?

"Home? It's such a nice vague word isn't it?" You questioned halting your hand movements as you cautioned him from another carpet that laid across the floor.

"What do you mean?" He lifted his leg carefully trying to evade tripping over again, concern was evident in the way he asked.

"I used to think home was where I feel most comfortable, where I feel more...safe! But lately you have proven me wrong. Home is where I'm with you Ominis, wherever you are, wherever you stay, that's my home" you squeezed his hand guiding him further down the endless corridors.

His face beamed, as his ears dusted with the hues of red that you loved to witness after moments of tease. He scratched the back of his head while chuckling slightly.

"You really have a way with words huh? You certainly know how to render me speechless" he said stopping in the middle of the hallways and dragging your body to his, placing a kiss on your lips with a swift motion that took you by surprise even after all this time.

"Thank you, for taking the risk with me to come back here. No!, thank you for doing it for me. I never thought that this could even be a possibility let alone my new reality" his breath washed over your lips as he let his words flow with gratitude, wishing he could express how grateful and blessed he was for such an opportunity.

Ominis was confused for sure, almost worried still about the whole situation, but he trusted you wholeheartedly. Knowing that there is no way you would go through such lengths just to lie to him or trick him, not after everything you have been through together.

"You are welcome Ominis, knowing this could be the only chance we have at getting your eyes fixed makes it all worth it. I hope that...I'm able to take us back though...maybe the portal opening was a strike of luck or maybe I really did it. I can't be sure until I try again" the doubts started to settle in as a new fear crawled and slithered in your veins, making your anxiety start to surface.