Chapter 37

You wrapped the scarf around your neck tighter wanting to feel the least bit of warmth in this cold december. The snow fell heavily against the window, announcing the near end of this year's semester.

Soon students would go back to their families for the winter holidays. soon you will have to endure the lonely weeks of being far away from Ominis. You sighed and closed the book that sat mockingly untouched in your lab, You had been staring outside the window for the last hour trying to think of a way to convince him to come home to your grandfather's manor with you.

A lot has happened over the past weeks, Marvolo's harassment has been getting more provocative, but you refrained from telling Ominis such information. Having him get mad or upset with you, was too much to handle lately. 

You had gotten in enough arguments on the course of the last couple of days about almost everything and anything. Whatever was going on with him was a mystery, you tried to ask him what's wrong with him over and over and he wouldn't tell you.

You turned around when you heard the chair near you squeak, Green eyes stared in your direction with a mischievous smile.

"Dante.." You whispered watching him lean in closer to whisper quietly to you.

"They are here again Munchkin, What did you do this time?" He asked with a hint of worry lacing his words.

Your body got visibly tense, your eyes shifting about the place in search for them, the library seemed more quiet today than any other day. there was no sign of them here anywhere yet.

Your eyes darted back to Dante with worry, but he smiled and shook his head in resurance.

"Don't worry your pretty little head, I can't fathom them suspecting the Minister's granddaughter to begin with" He tried to plant some calmness into you. smiling gently as he watched you breathe a sigh of relief upon hearing his words.

Lately the ministry has been sending Aurors to Hogwarts, in hopes of discovering who was responsible for the 'Highlands cleansing' as they liked to call it. after their attempts in the close by town seemed fruitless Hogwarts was their next best choice.

The sound of shuffling feet pulled you back from your semi daydream, you looked up to see Imelda standing in front of you almost panting in her hurry here.

"They found the second owl in the Owlery, and they are going to ask the students to identify who's owl it is, Taia what if-" You stood up and clasped your hand over her mouth. Imelda had a bad habit of always getting too loud when it came to important matters. granted she did it out of habit, but this was no time to have mistakes.

"Imelda lower your voice and calm down, I trained that Owl very well...He is not going to get me discovered, in fact I'm sure that would be you if you don't lower your voice" You warned, watching her nod her head in understanding before removing your hand from her mouth.

"Right, I'm sorry I got a little bit nervous is all" She sighed taking a seat next to Dante who was shaking his head at her in disappointment.

The Reyes were your family after all, it took a long time for the three of you to finally get over everything that happened last month. and It only seemed fitting to tell them about your ability and magic, of course leaving the other complicated part of the story out.

You went back to your chair and took refuge in the warmth that still lingered in it, your hand ruffled your hair in frustration as you heard Dante speak again.

"We just need to continue monitoring the situation, and make sure that everything is under covers, and you Munchkin, you need to take a break from your volutery cleaning services" His voice was low only for the three of you to hear.