chapter 1

new beginnings

December 20th 1889

last day of school

"Ominis do you trust me...?"

You asked as you looked into his pale eyes, although he could not see you he could hear the shakiness in your voice.

What you were about to do was dangerous and he knew the consequences, but the thought of being able to be normal thrived him more than fear.

August 19th 2023

Summer break

You stared at your sister as she was arguing with her secretary on the phone. Typical day in the life of the Vermin's family, although that family has shrunk only to consist of the both of you.

Inheriting a big company at the age of 27 was a challenge, thus your sister was more than capable of running it, making it soar high after the death of both your parents.

You stared out the window sighing in the process. she had promised you this summer break she will take you out on an adventure, yet here you sat in the living room waiting on her to go outside.

You were on the outskirt of England, a place that held a magnificent meaning in your family. A small cottage that held so many memories for you.

Every summer your family would take a break from the hustling and bustling city in order to find groundedness in the solitude and peace of the forest. Often times your mom would tell you stories of how your grandmother had built this cottage to hold a big secret that she didn't want people to know.

But as you have been in this house many times, you failed to find this magnificent secret that your mother wryly spoke of. Thinking that maybe your grandmother had been messing with her daughter.

The thought of your parents crossed your mind yet again, after their death nothing was the same anymore.

Despite not being the most perfect family, deeming how your father was always busy with work and your mother with her social life.

It was still your family.

You were considerably rich. lived in a mansion in the heart of Hammersmith, with many maids and butlers to make sure the place was always upkept. Thus coming here to this old house always made you feel right at home.

The glamorous and ostentatious life was not something you held in favor, it was rather your mom who was mostly fond of Holding tea parties for politician wives and some consort of the royal family, after all your family's name was very well known in England.

You'd think growing up surrounded with wealth and fame would soil someone but that was not the case with you.

Your friend's circle was mostly consisted of rich kids due to your families relationships. But you found no meaning in joining their rather tasteless activities, choosing reading and solitude to be the best answer and on occasions the forest that surrounded this cottage. It was one of the little things that brought you joy in life.

It was definitely harder to come here now, after all it's been two years since your parents passed away in a freak car accident. And your sister was having a hard time keeping everything that your dad built intact for your future, and you got to admit she was doing a rather great job at it.

You sighed again "dwelling much about the past won't change the future" a sentence you found yourself repeating more often these days to help you cope with your life.

You got up seemingly tired of waiting on your sister to finish her phone call.

Looking around for your phone to see that it was 5pm, sunset was nearing and knowing you were only to stay here for a week you made it your fortitude to take advantage of your mere time here.