Chapter 27

Thank you for all the love and support

I love reading all your comments it's so cute and lovely.

Don't forget to vote !

------------------------

Ominis's POV

The whispers and gossip were excessively louder today. or so he thought considering he was the main focal of said gossip.

The moment he left the room with Taia. he could hear everyone gasping and talking about their engagement. and as if to make matters more heated, Taia took her hands and wrapped it around his arm, calming his somewhat nervous demeanor.

"Oh Merlin, the Daily prophet must be right for once" one student whispered with excitement.

"I still can't believe she is with a Gaunt though!, she could have chose anybody she wanted" A male student spat in dismay. his tone harsh and unsatisfying.

Ominis shook his head, the whispers seeming to get more, and more aggressive as they made their way to the great hall. Taia kept rubbing her hands on his arm soothingly almost grounding him. 

She too could hear everyone's whispers. thus she had refused to show the slightest bit of care.

"My love, you are shaking" Her sweet melodic voice, resounded in a hushed tone over the loud noise of everyone in the hallways.

"Sorry, It's just rather loud today" His voice was stoic and monotune. His focus was more on the voices around him than to pay attention in this moment.

He would be lying if he said he was unaffected by their words. after all he knew better than anyone else how bad his family's reputation was. having always been on the receiving hand of said rumors, and now he was inflicting the same misery on his beloved. 

'How selfish can I really be?' he shuddered at the thought in dejection. And in that second, as if she could read his mind, Taia's footsteps came to a halt, making him stop forcefully in his spot with wandering thoughts at her unusual behavior.

"Taia?" He questioned confused at the sudden stop. she didn't say anything instead she untangled her hands from his arm and moved away from him. 

he could feel his heart drop at the feeling of her warmth leaving him.

Did she feel the pressure by their words?

How was she taking all of this in?

His doubts were soon subsided, when he felt her move in front of him wrapping her hands around his neck, pulling him down to her level slowly.

"What are you doing?" He whispered his eyes wide, and his face shocked at her daring actions.

"I'm putting the gossip and rumors to rest" she mused her voice getting closer, as she moved towards him closing the gap between their bodies.