Chapter 13

Double update week :)

Are you guys enjoying the story?

Chapter 13

"you are starting to spoil me you know?" Ominis joked his fingers lacing with your own as you both walked the shore.

He couldn't help but think, how he wanted to convey his feelings. he knew that you reciprocated them too but he still was hesitant.

It was his first time feeling the soft touch of a lady. The first time someone took interest in him for other reasons than his family name.

The first time his heart...fluttered, rattled, and shook, from the uncanny strong withholds you had on his inexperienced body.

Was he being selfish in asking you to stay the other day?

Or could it be his fear that shadowed his bravery. submerging it into his deep subconscious, that made him question his needs and desires.

You were a Vermin. And he was a Gaunt. It would prove to be the best political standing he could ever manage to put his family in, if he were to make you his. much to his hatred that he felt towards them.

But we're you okay associating with the likes of him...in courtship no less?!

He sighed feeling desperate, feeling restrained from the never ending obstacles, or excuses he kept convincing himself with...

he needed to rip off the fear, and tell you, no!!! Ask you to be his and his only.

"Is that so? in what sense?" you asked surprised at the sudden statement he decided to break the relaxing silence with, shivering slightly at the cold your body was feeling as the sun started wavering beyond the ocean horizon.

You could hear the range of emotions that took shape of sighs, exhales, and smooth scoffs, that were escaping his lips unconsciously.

He was deep in thought, he had been shaking his head at one point. While the other contrasted of him scrunching his nose in distress!!

Your hand provided the only relief, from the attacks that had plagued his mind.

He licked his lips in anticipation while he let his next words out.

"The day at the ball...you asked me to dance with you, I still remember you telling me precisely, that you wanted to dance with me. because you wanted to, not because your grandfather asked you to. I have to admit...I was delighted, ecstatic even!." He stopped shifting in the sand. Turning towards you finally giving you his full attention.