Chapter 3

pic credit to owner (not mine) 

I hope you guys enjoy this new chapter and if you are from Tiktok welcome to my story :) and if you are not then maybe pay me a visit I have some snippets of audio of the chapters on my account. same username.

happy reading :)

It's been two weeks since you got here.

A lot has happened thus far. It was vigorously too much to keep up with. Having to learn new traditions and manners to balance with the 'times' as your grandfather called it.

Had you spending every waking day cursing at yourself about asking Ella to go the cottage. Hadn't you done so you'd probably be propped on your bed reading one of your novels. Being blessed with the AC that coursed through your bedroom.

But here you were surrounded with complete strangers in this mansion, in a world you had no clue how to navigate. 

"Dwelling much about the past wont change the future" you reminded yourself for what felt like the hundredth time this week as you shook out the negative thoughts.

Looking down at your hands feeling the wand that was laced between your fingers.

"If I hone this magic I may monopolize it and for sure I can return home.." you trailed off nodding to particularly no one as you reached for your book once more.

fueling yourself with some encouragement only seemed to push you off the edge to study again much to your dismay.

The days consisted of learning the 'new time traditions'.  A lot of things were not to your liking , agnate how you had to wear a corset or long buffy dresses or how you had to kiss goodbye to pants and T-shirts. 

The fashion at this time period was rather troublesome, you missed the softness of your sweats and hoodies. Thanking god you at least had the clothes you came with to keep you somewhat sane. 

You have been practicing non stop with professor Fig. Teaching you about spells and charms or throwing in some attack spells.

He insisted that ancient magic was a foreign concept to most, and people would covet it if they learned of its existence.

"It was for sure to bring in a lot of attention" or so he said.

To you all magic felt like a fairy tale, let alone being ancient like those times.

On your spare time you read about magic and potions to fully equip yourself with as much knowledge as possible.

You didn't want to feel inferior to the other students at Hogwarts once enrolled.

'well at least I'm a fast reader' you thought to yourself as you finished yet another book. Looking up at the time as the sun has started to set in the sky.