chapter 33

You sighed in relief closing the history of magic book in front of you and looking up at Ominis.

You had been in the silence of the library for almost two hours tirelessly working on the homework you had piled up for a while now, Ominis on the other hand had finished before you but choose not to leave you alone, instead there he was laying on the table with his arm underneath his face supporting his head as he dove into dreamland.

It really was a wonder to you how easily he could fall asleep anywhere. you still remember how he would always fall asleep on the school floor everywhere and how much you scolded him for doing so.

A fond smile graced your lips at the memory of the incident that indefinitely brought you guys together, had it not been for Hobhouse stealing his wand, you would still be asking yourself if he truly liked you.

You got up and took off your jacket laying it on his body that rose up and down with each soft breath he took. He stirred slightly once the fabric touched his shoulders, but continued to sleep on the table like nothing happened.

You sighed in relief and decided to look for a book to read until he woke up, making your way to the shelves you started on your journey to find a good distraction to fill in your time with.

Shelf after shelf your hand graced several books that seemed to relate to ministry work more than anything, or just some boring history books that you preferred to keep in their spot as they sat there collecting dust.

It's no wonder though, these books were something your grandfather mostly enjoyed reading, you were about to sigh in defeat once you had searched almost all the shelves in the library, until suddenly your eyes caught a familiar blue magic that has laced itself on a book which sat at the far left corner.

You walked closer to the last shelf which was tucked away in the far dark corner of the library. The book sat on the highest shelf, almost purposely hidden away from prying eyes.

"Is that... ancient magic?" You whispered in shock, noticing the all too familiar warmth that was emitting from the book.

'what is this? A wand...I need my wand!!' You internally panicked as you walked back to the table and grabbed your wand almost tripping on your own feet in anticipation. hastily you made your way back to the shelf in a hurry almost scared that you were imagining things.

Your eyes glided over the shelf again, and with a quick hand movement you pointed at the book without a second of hesitation.

"Accio!" You whispered hoping not to wake Ominis with your excited noise.

The book flew off the shelf and landed in your hand. The glow that was surrounding it minutes ago dispersed the moment it came in contact with your skin, as if it was waiting for you to call upon it.

You studied the book with anxious eyes, the need to rip the plain cover open was eating away at you.

"Taia? What are you doing?" A gentle voice called out behind you.

You turned around caught off guard, watching Ominis stride his long legs in your direction.

He brought the jacket with him and drapped it over your shoulders bringing you in closer to him.

"I just found an interesting book, but I have no idea what it is" you whispered watching his eyes lit up with caution.

"An interesting book? How so?" His grip on you tightened a little bit.

"It was protected by ancient magic Ominis...this has to be somehow related to my grandmother" you whispered turning back to look at the book again. The light long gone, the front of the book held a plain black cover that was voided of any words or symbols.