Chapter 35

Silence shrouded the common room, the commotion of your loud angry voice seemed to drown the rest of the noise out in the slytherin common room

Silence shrouded the common room, the commotion of your loud angry voice seemed to drown the rest of the noise out in the slytherin common room. Imelda was staring at you with a new found fear that laid brightly in her eyes, her breathing seemed to stop for a couple of seconds as she took in your appearance in front of her. 

A voice pulled your attention away from her face, as Dante got up from his seat and scratched the back of his head bashfully. averting his gaze from you and back to his sister who was still stuck in a trance. 

"I think we should go somewhere more private to talk" Dante managed to speak, still avoiding eye contact with you. 

Imelda nodded but made no attempt to move from her position, almost scared about the later events that will follow her steps once she did.

"Lets go to our dorm room then" You spat in anger. before turning on your heels and walking towards your room. Imelda following behind closely while seemingly whispering to Dante something you could not quite hear.

Thoughts were swarming in your head like wildfires, memories of past interactions with the both of them only fueled your anger more, as the previous suspicious comments and behaviors made so much more sense now. 

The memory of their mom visiting the hospital wing resurfed in your mind. that day you could not deny the uncanny resemblance she had to that of your own mother. 

She had stared at you with such a cold stare that almost made you shiver in place, her eyes held no love or compassion much different to those of your mom's. she disregarded your existence with that one look, not bothering to talk to you or give you any more attention. 

You took a deep breath trying to calm down. if your doubts were true, then their mother must be your aunt and therefore they are your cousins by blood....

You shifted slightly pulling your wand out of your pocket, making Imelda stop dead in her tracks as Dante almost rammed into her head first. he cussed under his breath then looked towards you in question, his eyebrow raised and his hand inched closer to his robe in reflix, only to pull it back when he saw you freeze the stairs so he could come up to the girls dormitory.

The walk over there felt like an eternity, as the tension between the three of you echoed louder than the silence which was accompanied by the distant clicking of your footsteps on the metal floor. 

The door to your dorm came into sight. a place you haven't been to in a long time now, your hand grabbed the cold knob twisting it and turning it open swiftly. the door creaked open as it revealed the room hiding behind it cladded in dark green, the warmth of the fireplace welcoming you in cordially as you made your way to sit on your bed in anticipation to this conversation.

You watched as Imelda shuffled to her bed sitting down cautiously, while Dante sat on the chair next to her crossing his legs ever so elegantly. She clutched her robes anxiously, a look that was foreign to the strong willed slytherin.