chapter 38

Your hand turned the knob of the bedroom slowly, worried that you would end up waking him up if he was sleeping.

He skipped dinner...

You could tell that the dishes in the kitchen remained untouched. And knowing him, he wouldn't go to the great hall for dinner without you anymore.

Your eyes drifted to the bed watching him sleep on his side with his back towards you. His steady breathing resounded in the quiet room gently, making you smile at how peaceful he looked right now.

With the knowledge of your beloved safe and sound, your legs led you to the bathroom for a warm shower, your body needed every bit of relaxation it could muster to feel right now.

The warm water cascaded down your skin, washing away the stress that had tainted your body through the whole day. The shower was surely short, but was efficient enough in making you finally surrender into the idea of being relaxed.

You sighed in satisfaction as you dried your hair off with a towel and slowly made your way towards the bed.

The room which was once filled with his gentle breathing was awfully quiet right now.

"You are awake aren't you" you asked in a voice above a whisper. Growing to know his habits over the last couple of months has proven helpful when it came to dealing with awkward situations between the both of you.

Ominis took his arm out from under the covers slowly and laid it over his face. In the stubbornness in which you only assumed he picked up from you, he refrained from saying anything in response.

He looked sleepy in the dull light of the window. His hair messy and his body sprawled all over the bed in an uncomfortable demeanour.

You moved towards him slowly climbing up to settle next to him under the blankets, watching as he gently made space for you without saying anything.

"Are you still upset with me?" You whispered, not able to hold the pain that latched on to your every word.

Ominis took a deep breath before he shook his head, his other hand caressed the bed sheets slowly trying to find your own. It didn't take him long to take hostage of it once he did, his warmth seeped into your veins the minute his skin touched yours.

"No, everything is good...we..we are good" he said with a strained voice that sounded too apprehensive. The notion behind It felt as if he was saying it to reassure himself really, as much as it was to reassure you.

"Ominis.." his name slipped like water between your parted lips as you leaned down and kissed his closed eyes. His mouth opened only slightly for a gasp to escape before his eyes shot open anticipating your next move.

"Taia" he breathed out your name with so much emotions it almost rendered you into ecstasy. your breathing became shallow when you felt the husky whisper that tickled at your lashes.

"Go to to the ball with me?" He whispered again, bringing your hand up to his lips, and leaving feathery kisses upon your shivering skin.

You blinked in confusion trying to understand the meaning behind his words. The two of you had decided to refrain from attending the ball all together. He knew how much you hated such elaborate celebrations and agreed on spending the night at home with you instead.

So what has changed his mind all of a sudden?

You wanted to ask, but after hearing Dante's explanation you dared not to. 

You will do anything to make him happy, and if he wanted to attend this ball ,then you'd be damned not to oblige.

"I would love to go to the ball with you my love" you replied. Leaning your head on his shoulder as he shrouded you with his arms, collecting you as close as he could to his body.