34

Alekses' POV

We spent eight hours at the mall, and out of all the stores we visited, she herself got nothing. She kept saying she didn't want anything, but I still got her things. I'm sure she's gonna chew my head off.

After we left the mall, we took a walk at the park. Sad Paws wasn't with us to enjoy it.

After the park, we ate at a restaurant for dinner. Funny thing is, I remember neither the restaurant name nor what I ordered. I could only remember the look of happiness on Xhenia's face when she saw the food. She didn't hold back either, which was cute.

Part of me didn't want the day to end, but the other half wanted to lock her in a room and away from the world for three days and nights.

"What are you thinking so heavily about that you've gone deaf," I heard an agitated voice squeak.

"Chaining you to a bed," I answered truthfully without glancing at her. "For personal reasons."

"Was last time not personal?"

"Let me correct myself. For pleasurable reasons."

She went silent then muttered something under her breath. When I finally looked at her and away from the book I was reading, I noticed her ears and nose twitching. She's blushing.

"Pull your head from the dark side, love," I teased. "Weren't we supposed to discuss something important today?"

I didn't forget.

"That's what I was saying before you said that," she frantically said while flailing her arms. She looked up, saw the smirk on my face, and turned away from me.

"Hey, hey, don't be like that, Whiskers," I chuckled, pulling at her exposed waist.

"Don't call me that," she squealed while swatting at my hands. "At least not right now."

I know the last part wasn't meant for me to hear but I did.

My smirk now resembled a devilish grin. I wanted to tease her about it, but she looked like she'd blow a fuse if I did.

"So, you want to get to know me, hm? I must warn you, my life wasn't extravagant," I shrugged.

"To you, it wasn't, but I'd still like to know more about you, Alekses."

She grabbed my hands between hers and looked up at me with a pure look in her eyes. I'm sure the look in mine was far from.

"Do you know how tempting you look right now?"

"Alekses, don't change the subject," she sternly replied. I laughed at her tone because it reminded me of a mother being stern with her child.

"Don't worry, I have no intentions of doing so," I laughed her off. "Now, where should I start?"

"The beginning, I guess."

If that's what she wants.

"On September 9 of 1989, my parents had sex."

"Alekses, not that far," she gasped and covered my lips.

"You said the beginning," I snickered behind her hand. I knew she would react like this. "I'm like a genie. Be careful what you wish for, and how you wish for it."

"Alekses."

"On May 19 of 1990, I was born in Russia. The specific area doesn't matter since it no longer exists."

"What happened to it?"

I looked at her and she closed her lips.

"We moved from Russia to America when I was three, so I don't have many fond memories of my birth place, but when I turned twelve, we would visit my grandparents every year until they passed."