10

Alekses discarded the tray and cup in the sink, mumbling she'd wash them later, and made her way down the long hallway to her room.

When she opened her door, she spotted who she was looking for curled up on her bed.

"Hello, Paws," she cooed, waking to the little black puppy. "I've got a surprise for you."

Paws raised his head and wagged his tail for a brief moment before dropping back on the bed. Paws had been becoming less livelier each day. It was obvious he was missing his owner.

Alekses chuckled at the behavior and walked to her bed. She sat on the bed, picked Paws up, and sat him on her lap. "Don't worry, she's here."

She rubbed his head and scratched behind his ear a bit before picking him up again and departing from the room.

They're both going to love this.

It had been a while since Alekses left, and Xhenia was starting to get fidgety.

What does she want from? Why won't she tell me? If there's no use for me, why keep me here? I just want to go home and continue looking for Paws.

A sigh escaped her lips right as the door opened. Her first thought was to crawl under the bed, but what was the point of that anymore? She'd probably drag me from under this time.

With that in mind, she pulled her knees to her chest and hid her face.

"What a surprise you're not under the bed this time," Alekses chuckled, kneeling to the ground. The moment Paws caught the scent filling the room, he couldn't contain his excitement. He was a wiggling fluffy ball in Alekses' arms. Xhenia may have had her face covered, but he knew that was his mother. "Well, as promised, here is your surprise for eating breakfast."

Before his paws touched the floor, Paws had erupted into a fit of tiny barks. He was hoping to get her to raise her head, and that she did. When Xhenia heard tiny barks, hope had filled her heart, and tears threatened to spill from her eyes.

"Paws," she gasped, looking at her lost puppy. She quickly unraveled herself and began crawling toward Paw, but Alekses stopped her.

"Don't come any closer," her raspy voice filled the room, making Xhenia stop immediately.

"Alekses, please give me my baby," Xhenia begged as she sat on her hind legs. At this point, Paws had started whining. He wanted to be in Xhenia's arms just like she wanted to hold him.

"You have to agree to something first."

"Anything, please."

Her answer almost made Alekses change her statement to one that'd fill her every desire, but she held back.

"Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, you have to eat every day," she said, looking into Xhenia's teary eyes. "Including snacks."

"I will, I promise," Xhenia quickly agreed.

Nodding her head, Alekses let the puppy go, and he ran to his mother in the most wobbly way since he couldn't contain his excitement or his tail.

"Hi, baby," she cooed, scratching behind his ear. "I have so much to tell you," she cried as she held him.

Alekses sat and watched their reunion with dark eyes. She wasn't upset or jealous but was in awe and slightly aroused.

Even when crying, she's still gorgeous. If she looked this beautiful with tears of sadness, I wonder what she'd look like if the tears were from pleasure.

When she felt herself straining against her trousers, she stood up and left without a sound. She wasn't going to ruin their reunion. Instead, she'd wash the dishes she used and check on them afterward.

She turned on the TV behind her and changed it to channel three. It was one of the devices connected to the cameras in her house, and channel 3 was the room Xhenia was currently in.

She turned the volume up and began washing dishes while she listened to what Xhenia said. Xhenia told Paws everything that happened to her from the time he went missing up until now, and she cried the entire time.

"The little mouse had a lot bottled up inside her," Alekses chuckled darkly. "Sad, she confined in a fucking dog about what was happening at work. Seems like I need to replace an entire department."

After a while, Alekses had finished the dishes, and Xhenia had gone quiet. Alekses turned to see her little mouse had fallen asleep on the floor with Paws.

"That's not a comfortable place to sleep, Whiskers," she mumbled, drying her hands. "It's like the bed's there for no reason."

She turned the TV off and walked to the room. She pulled the comforter back and looked down at Xhenia. So vulnerable.

Shaking her head, she gently picked up the small woman and laid her on the bed. All the while, Xhenia held Paws in a tight grip. She didn't want to wake up, and their reunion was a dream.

After covering Xhenia with the comforter, Alekses went to leave, but Paws nipped at her finger and licked her hand.

Alekses rubbed his head and left the room, leaving them both to sleep.