15

I'm outside. She let me go outside.

The wind gently blew past her, carrying the fresh scent of...moon flowers? To be exact, the flower Xhenia smelt was called Gardenia, but she couldn't spot it in this vast yard. The smell of cut grass was also in the air, making Xhenia wonder if Alekses had just cut the grass today or yesterday.

The annoying sounds of crickets, frogs, and cicadas could be heard throughout the night.

I hate bugs. I want to go back inside.

Xhenia pouted and sat on her hind legs. She touched the grass and stood up when Paws ran past her.

"Alright, buddy, down you go," Xhenia heard Alekses say before Paws ran past her.

Alekses stood up and watched Xhenia impatiently tug on her jacket's sleeve. It had reminded her of the disappointed look on the woman's face when she agreed to her request.

It was obvious that Xhenia didn't want to go back in on her own accord since she asked to be out there.

She's a complete picture book.

Alekses inwardly chuckled and walked up behind the woman. She wrapped her arms around the woman's neck and torso and pulled her back, flushing them together.

Of course, this caught Xhenia off guard, and she immediately gripped the arm around her neck.

"Alekses-"

"This isn't what you want, is it Whiskers?"

"What?"

"You heard me."

Alekses' hold got tighter, and Xhenia felt like she could just melt into the woman's arms anytime soon.

"No, this isn't what I want," the woman mumbled the truth.

"Speak louder, Whiskers."

"I-why do you call me that?"

Xhenia shivered at the dark chuckle Alekses released and gasped when she turned her around and gripped her face.

"All pets need a name, no?"

"I-I'm not a pet."

"That's where you're wrong. You are a pet," Alekses grinned and smacked Xhenia's ass before she roughly gripped her left cheek.

Xhenia's body sparked, igniting a fire she was afraid of. She had never felt like this before. Was this how Jason tried to make her feel? Pushing away from Alekses, Xhenia fell to the ground and fearfully gazed up at Alekses, who hungrily looked down at her.

"Alekses-"

"Hi, buddy. Are you done," Alekses cooed, changing her whole demeanor when Paws came clawing at her leg. "Come on, let's get you cleaned up and in bed."

She turned, leaving Xhenia where she sat, and walked into the house with the tired puppy.

"She left me."

Huffing, Xhenia stood up and dusted herself off, mumbling about how Alekses left her outside.

"If I'm her so-called pet, why'd she leave me outside and take mine," she mumbled as she neared the door, but then she stopped.

Wait, she left me outside. Does this mean I can stay out longer? I can look for a way out while she's distracted. It'll help me in the long run.

She walked to the middle of the yard and looked around. She couldn't climb the fence since it had razor wire on top of it. The fence didn't have an opening either, so the only entrance and exit to the backyard was through the back door.