32

Alekses sat at her desk. She was typing away at her computer, doing work, when she heard a knock on her office door.

Leaning back, she went to run her hand through her hair when the sight of a gold band on her ring finger caught her eye.

"What the hell?"

She kept eyeing the ring, wondering where the ring came from when a knock sounded off again.

"Come in."

While she waited for the person to enter, she looked around the office with a confused expression. This was clearly supposed to be her home office, but why was the color scheme crème instead of her usual black and brown? Not even the window behind her was normal.

The door had finally opened, pulling Alekses' attention from the walls. A familiar face peeked from behind the door. A smile immediately graced Alekses' face and she held out her arms.

"What's wrong, little mouse?"

"We're hungry," Xhenia squeaked and stepped into the room. She had her hair up in what they called a pineapple and was only dressed in an oversized sweater. Her attire made Alekses' mouth water. She noticed Xhenia harbored an almost identical gold band on her finger too. The only difference was that Xhenia's had diamonds.

"Who's hungry? You and Paws," Alekses asked. It was a genuine question, but Xhenia took it as a joke.

"No," Xhenia giggled when she walked into Alekses' grasp.

Alekses placed her hands on Xhenia's waist and pulled her closer. Her smile left and was replaced with a shocked look when her thumbs touched Xhenia's belly. It was protruding.

"You're pregnant?" She's pregnant.

Xhenia looked down at Alekses with a worried expression and ran her hands through Alekses' already tussled hair.

"Alekses, are you okay?"

Alekses looked around the room. Now everything she questioned in the beginning was starting to make sense to her.

"This is a dream, isn't it," she sadly muttered. She held her sigh in and put a smile on her face. She gently caressed the woman's belly and gave the growing chile a warm kiss. One day this will be her reality. "I'm fine. Let's go fix you both something to eat."

Alekses' eyes slowly opened and she stared into the dark room as her eyes adjusted. The moon shined into the room giving her just enough light to see.

She looked down at her chest and snickered at how Xhenia slept on her. Her legs were wrapped around Alekses' waist, her head rested on Alekses' hand, and her hand was in Alekses' shirt, holding onto Alekses' breast.

How is this comfortable for you?

Xhenia began squirming and whimpering in her sleep with bated breaths. She seemed like she was having an unpleasant dream, so Alekses used the hand her head was on and caressed her face.

Xhenia squirmed some more before she opened her eyes. She looked around a bit before pulling herself closer to Alekses and going back to sleep.

Alekses chuckled and closed her eyes to do the same.

When morning came, Alekses woke up to Xhenia sitting with her knees to her chest, silently watching her sleep. Alekses yawned, wrapped her arms around Xhenia's waist, and forced her legs down.