2

The next day, Alekses' assistant returned, much to her dismay. This meant she couldn't visit her little mouse as often.

"Fuck," Alekses grunted. She had another urge to visit Xhenia, but she had no reason to. Just as she was about to continue working, she heard a soft knock on the door.

Alekses wasn't in the mood for visitors right now, so she ignored the knock. The person knocked once more. Alekses was going to ignore it again, but she heard the soft voice of the one person she wanted to see.

"Ms. Morozov," Xhenia started as she awkwardly waited at the door. She would rather be anywhere but here, right now. But the assistant insisted she deliver these documents to Alekses herself.

Xhenia didn't know why, but to her, it felt as if the assistant had ulterior motives.

"I'm here to hand over some documents from Ms. Kotov," she called out again.

"Come in," Alekses called. Her body buzzed from the excitement she felt from seeing her mouse.

Xhenia walked in dressed in a black dress that reached her ankles, and her hair was in a low bun. Her heels clacked against the hardwood floor as she walked in. Alekses watched with an attentive stare as Xhenia walked. Not a limp in her step. Good.

"I'm here to give you these files from Ms. Kotov," she mumbled with her head towards the ground.

"Ms. Jon, if I have to remind you to speak up again, there will be consequences," her husky voice bellowed throughout the office, making Xhenia flinch.

Xhenia quickly composed herself and gripped the files as she spoke again. "I'm here to give you these files from Ms. Kotov." Her was barely above the tone she previously used, but it got her a pass.

"Good. I have some files I need to give to her as well. Just put those on my desk, and I'll be back," Alekses said. Xhenia nodded, watching Alekses stand up and walk to the attached room.

"This should be easy enough," the woman mumbled. "Just put the files on the desk. Don't screw it up."

She steadily walked to the desk and sat the files down. "Easy enough," she sighed in glee. However, she had spoken too soon. A light gush of wind flew past the desk when the AC was turned on, scattering a few sheets of paper.

"Are you kidding me," she hissed lowly. One paper went by the window, one went by the chair ahead of the desk, and the last one went under the desk.

She quickly snatched the two pieces that were in the open and placed them back into the pile.

"Now for the last piece."

She knelt on the ground, placing herself on her hands and knees, and crawled under the desk. At first, she didn't see the paper, so she went deeper.

"Why is it so spacious and dark under here?"

She continued to crawl under the desk, scrunching her eyes to see in the dark. "Where-oh, there it is," she said when she spotted a corner of the page behind a curtain. Why is there a curtain here?

She knew she shouldn't snoop, but her curiosity was getting the best of her. Before she could stop herself, she pulled the curtain aside to see what was behind it. Though it was dark, she could faintly make out a giant dog bed. Is that a chain? Why is this under her desk?

Alekses had finally grabbed the file she needed and had walked out of the room. She was about to speak but suddenly stopped when she saw the mouse's ass in the air. What the hell does she think she's doing?

"Ms. Jon!"

Xhenia jumped at the sound of her name and bumped her head on the desk. She quickly reached for the paper, but before she could grab it, she was yanked from under the desk.