the shambles.

It was almost 5:30pm and Rey gave you a lift to the company since you told him you needed to get some stuff before returning home. He did offer to send you home but just like the previous days, you politely declined with the intention not to cause him trouble.

You took the elevator up to where your office was located. You could see some of the employees had already started to pack things up and get ready to call it a day. Well, you're not strict enough to not allow them to get home half an hour earlier, on one condition which is to at least get the job done.

You saw Akashi staring blankly at his paperwork but you walked past his office, heading towards your own office. You entered the area, placed your handbag on the table, and sat down. You heard a knock on your door, accessing them.

It was Akaashi.

"I'm just here to check on my email" you notified. You clicked on the mouse of your laptop, refreshing the page, and there were no new important slash urgent emails received. Thank Goodness. You shut down your laptop and started packing up to leave.

Akaashi remained standing across from your table, hands clasping one another while he gave you an unreadable look plastered on his face. You glanced at his blank expression, sensing something.

"Is there anything that you want to tell me?" you asked and he cleared his throat. Bingo!

"They're calling for a big gathering between Nekoma Corp. and Fukurodani Empire" he said, causing you to frown. That was kind of a surprise. You had never thought that would be called for anytime soon. Most importantly, for what reason?

"What do you mean gathering?" you asked, suspicious.

Akaashi shook his head, shrugging his shoulders slightly. It was enough to tell you that he wasn't spared more details regarding this sudden notice.

"Alright then. Can you help me with the notice?" Akaashi nodded his head.

"I'll prepare the notice now and email it to everyone as soon as possible. I'll CC you" he bowed and excused himself after that, rushing back to his work desk.

Two days later.

You were supposed to have a meeting regarding your upcoming project but you had no choice but to free up your schedule for this sudden 'gathering' that Kuroo had called for. As soon as the car stopped, you were confused seeing lines of media with their camera flashes here and there, recording and taking pictures of you upon your arrival at the venue.

"I wonder what this conference would be" you whispered to Akaashi while he led you into the building. The conference was held at Nekoma Corp. They have a hall that could fit over a thousand people. Konoha and Yuki followed you at the back while Akaashi walked by your side.

You saw Inuoka standing by the door, greeting you and your friends as you entered the hall. There were lots of people there. You barely recognized them but they were mostly the employees of both Nekoma Corp. and Fukurodani Empire.

Yaku came to your circle, leading you towards your own seat in the front row. He offered you your seats and excused himself later. It felt awkward to be treated coldly. Knowing Yaku, he would have acted more friendly as usual but he was giving you a blank expression, which was hard to read frankly.

"I don't feel good about this" said Konoha, fixing his blazer. Yuki looked around the room. She could see the media started to fill up the back row with their cameras set up. She also spotted lines of VVIPs that just arrived, including FKE's respected clients.

"Our clients are here as well" she notified the others, including you. You couldn't help but to turn to look at those VVIPs taking their seats on the other side of the hall.