the other.

The sunray hits his face and his forehead crumpled into a frown. Kuroo opened his eyes slowly and found out that he was in his bed. The ceiling was the first thing he saw as soon as he woke up. He pulled himself up, elbows propping as supports on both sides. He hasn't changed from the attire he wore since last night.

He collapsed after drinking too much. Kuroo barely remembers anything, frankly.

Kuroo got out of the bed and walked downstairs. He could smell breakfast coming from the kitchen and he heard people chattering in the distance.

There were Yaku, Kenma, and Mrs. Akira at the dining table. Talking about perfect timing for breakfast.

"What are y'all doing here this early?" he pulled a chair at the end of the table, sitting motionlessly. He didn't check the time but it was still morning and he questioned at the sight of Yaku and Kenma at his house.

"God, you really drank away your sorrow, don't you?" Yaku scoffed, scooping himself the soft pancake coated with maple syrup. Mrs. Akira served them English breakfast that morning.

"You caused so much chaos last night, Kuroo. Not forget to mention that you broke the bar's glasses" Kenma shook his head, didn't really get the reason why Kuroo was behaving that way. To Kenma, he was being childish like a kid who threw a tantrum!

"At least be at Lucifer. It'll be easier for us to find you. Not some random cheap bar" Kenma added. Kuroo rolled his eyes and looked at the table surface. The last thing that he could recall was him meeting you. And it didn't end on a good note. Kuroo was at fault and he knew that.

"I went to y/n's house yesterday" it was almost silent but they could hear him, including Mrs. Akira who just come to serve a plate filled with fresh mixed berries.

"And we fought... again" he sighed.

Yaku munched on his food. Of course, he could guess that you guys were fighting. Yaku avoided himself from looking at Kuroo. Deep down, he still thinks that it was a very selfish decision that he made. Kuroo knew that Fukurodani Empire meant so much to you, but it was the thing he failed to protect.

"I slapped her."

It felt like the time stopped suddenly. Kuroo could tell there were three pairs of eyes were looking at him directly and he was right. Yaku, Kenma, and Mrs. Akira looked shocked upon hearing that.

"Why did you..." surprisingly, Kenma asked first.

"I was wrong for that. It just happens. The next second I realized, she was already in tears. Fuck it, I can't really control my emotions" he buried his face in his hands, swallowing all the blames and sins he had done on you since the first day.

The last he wanted to do was to hurt you. Yes, he was someone who was violent and he can still remember how much he had physically hurt you the first few months when you moved in. Those bruises and red marks on you, they were nothing but pain and it was his fault.

Kuroo had promised himself to control his emotions. At least not to lay a hand on you. He didn't put himself in an inner battle with his ego for nothing, it was purely for the sake of love he has for you. Hurting you had become the last thing he'd do.

But then, he crossed the line. He betrayed himself. And worst, he slapped you. That's his biggest regret.

"You should have apologized instead of mourning over it. Just saying" Kenma hummed and ate his portion. He looked at Kuroo from the corner of his eyes. No kidding, this man looked like a shit.

"I tried but she told me to get off."

"And you did?" Kenma asked again.

"What choice do I have? All she has for me now is hatred" the raven-haired man brushed his face harshly.