the egregious.

He flipped another page. It's been almost five bloody minutes and all he did was go through the documents page by page in full concentration. Meanwhile, you across from his seat, did not move your eyes from looking at him, anticipating what he was going to say.

Rey sighed and hummed for a while before he fixed his posture properly— his back leaned against his seat and met your eyes.

"Everything has been made clear by your brother, y/n. Fukurodani Empire is legally Kuroo's and the possibility for you to win this case, if you ever brought this matter to the court— is very low. I don't know why Bokuto trusts him with the most shares as the shareholders when you're the sibling by blood."

You sighed. Not the thing you wanted to hear. Rey wasn't a professional lawyer but as a financial consultant, maybe he could at least help you with it. But luck wasn't on your side. He just justified the decision. After all, it was hard to argue when the obvious evidence was proven right.

"I'm truly sorry to hear about this. I did not expect he would go this far just for the sake of his company. I thought he would find other ways instead of dragging your company. I really did not expect this" he scratched his chin before crossing his arms across his chest.

"Rey, honestly. I don't mind losing a position in the company but I couldn't see the others losing the careers that they've built throughout their services in FKE. Some of them have been working ever since it was my dad who managed the company. I don't know how and what to answer them when they ask me later on. I don't think I could even raise my head. I'm too embarrassed. Kuroo is my husband. He should be supporting and protecting the company but this decision proved to him that he's a betrayer when it comes to business" you expressed, refusing to accept that nothing can be done to prevent this from happening. Yes, it was such a hard-to-swallow pill for you but you believed that there must be a way to prevent and stop Kuroo from making selfish decisions. It's unfair. It's unacceptable.

"He must have something under his sleeves" he mumbled and you frowned, not getting his words as it was unclear. Rey sighed and shook his head.

"I mean, he must have planned something. Who knows if it's a better business plan for both of you? Maybe it's way more beneficial than the current one?" he took a wild guess.

Nah. It's impossible. If there is, if there is a good plan, he should have informed you. He should have brought you into the meeting before dropping the announcements. At this point, you doubt what Rey said has a truth behind it. It's just way too impossible to happen. You don't believe in surprises when it comes to business, especially when it's Kuroo we're talking about.

"No, Rey. Kuroo isn't like that. Why doesn't he at least sit down and discuss this matter with me? If he truly sees me as the CEO of FKE, even if I'm the interim CEO as he claimed earlier, I still have the right to know everything firsthand. The announcement was made all of a sudden. Like he was dropping a bomb without us knowing. I wasn't prepared for the details, what's more for the rest who work for FKE? If he really prioritizes the good things, he should have told me. He should have involved me in the decision-making, the further development that he had envisioned, that he had drafted. But I received none. I was surprised myself. I wasn't involved nor informed by Kuroo himself. I doubt that, Rey and I believe that this is purely to cover up all the losses he gained from Nekoma Corp. They've lost the port, the warehouse, the stocks, and even Lucifer is at risk for a downfall. To sacrifice an innocent business just to protect his own empire is nothing but a selfish decision he ever made" you argued, lashing out all the pent-up frustration that you've been keeping all to yourself.

Rey remained silent at your argument. You made a point, he thought. Kuroo shouldn't be deciding without discussing it with you. Things can be sorted out properly with a proper discussion from the boar but this decision was made in a rush. And Rey wasn't that stupid to not know the reason for it. Kuroo doesn't want to face a direct objection from Fukurodani Empire. He knew damn well that he needs to face a worse protest from the board of Fukurodani Empire if he chooses to hold a meeting between the two companies. To skip the discussion was a smart move of him and Rey admitted that.