the proposition.

You heard a few knocks on your half-opened office door, making your head have a quick reflex to look at the man standing with a mug in his hand.

"Yes, Inuoka?" you closed the journal book, setting it aside on your table. Inuoka entered your office, placing down the mug before he handed it close to you.

"I made you hot white coffee," he said with a smile.

You looked at the man, returning his smile before you picked up the mug. You love how the coffee smelled, you cooled it and took a sip.

Calmer. That's how you felt.

"Thank you but really, I could make myself one the next time. You don't have to trouble yourself" you said assuringly.

Inuoka dipped his head and understood. The man then sat up straight, head bowed forward as he placed both of his arms at the edge of your working desk.

"I know but I noticed that you looked quite distracted today, madame. Coffee helps to ease the tension you're having" the smile remained.

Again, you looked at him. Of course, he could tell. More like, anyone who sees you definitely could tell that something is bothering you.

And that is the little argument you had with Kuroo last night. Resulting that you coming to the company on your own while he drove himself earlier than the working hour.

"It's obvious, isn't it?" Inuoka hummed at your question, making you emit another sigh.

"Had a rough time with sir, I assume?" he tilted his head. "I don't mean to be nosy but if it could help you to feel at ease, I could lend my ears."

"Nah, nothing's biggie. Just a little talk but it didn't end well" you responded. You saw Inuoka nodding his head, not forcing you to say more. He's indeed understood if you draw a line with how you felt.

"Though, I'm sure that sir gets what you're trying to say, madame" his smile was more to comforting. Inuoka knows that Kuroo is someone who's set on what he had decided. If it's A, then it'll be A 'til the end. He didn't know what was it all about. So, the last thing he could do was to tell you that it was okay not to meet an agreement with Kuroo.

You cleared your throat, taking another sip of your cooler drink. Your eyes wandered towards the glass window of your office room, eyes caught a familiar figure of a woman who made a sudden appearance out of nowhere. And you saw a regular worker going after her with a worried face. Probably trying to stop the taller woman.

"What is she doing here?" you murmured, getting up from your seat and rushing outside but then she vanished before the closed door of Kuroo's office.

"Why didn't you stop her from coming up?" a man groaned. You turned and saw Yaku with a tight expression. His eyes glared at the worker, making the lady to bow her head in guilt.

"I'm sorry. I've tried my best to stop her but she was being stubborn and barged in" she apologized a few times.

Yaku came to your side. Both hands slipped into his pockets. Seeing the little scrunch between your brows, he sensed concern with a little mixture of jealousy.

"Try to get used to it. She's quite a handful person. A pain in the ass" said Yaku, scoffing at the end.

"I could see that, frankly" you tsked back at him.

"You know that you can join them. After all, you're Kuroo's personal assistant" he flexed his arms, crossing over his chest. He looked at you, waiting for your reply after seconds of silence.

You kept your gaze locked on the closed door. Kuroo's name was labeled perfectly on his door. Perfect for a leader like him. You couldn't hear anything from the inside. You questioned about why Ayato Mai was here. For what? Why? How?