Chapter 29 - Battle Tournament

Izuku walked to the waiting room and waited for his name to be called. As he sat and reviewed his quirk notebook, he noticed a tall man with black hair, green eyes, slitted pupils like a predator's, and pointed ears standing outside the door. There was immense pressure coming from him, similar to Eindridi but stronger.

Izuku simply asked, "Do I know you?"

"No. Perhaps not yet. You may simply call me Setanta. I'm simply looking around the area, trying to find a cousin of mine...though I guess it's more accurate to call him my great-great-Uncle," the man replied cryptically.

'That's weird,' Izuku thought.

"Okay...so who is he? Do I know him?" Izuku asked, hoping to point the man in the right direction.

The man simply laughed. "Perhaps you do know him, perhaps you don't. Though, that's not something for you to worry about. I'm just looking around."

"Alright...if you say so," Izuku replied, not fully understanding the situation.

"Midoriya, Izuku, vs Todoroki Shoto," the announcer called.

"I have to go. Are you sure you don't need any help looking for him?" Izuku told the strange man.

"Hahaha, you're a good kid. Don't worry, I'll manage. Go and show them what you got, Izuku," the man replied.

Izuku nodded and walked out of the waiting room, thinking, 'Who the hell was that? He seems friendly enough, but dangerous.'

Izuku vs Shoto

"LISTEN UP, UA! THE SPORTS FESTIVAL BATTLE TOURNAMENT IS ABOUT TO EXPLODE! THIS IS WHERE QUIRKS COLLIDE AND HEROES RISE! FIRST YEARS, YOU'VE TRAINED HARD – NOW IT'S TIME TO SHOW THE WORLD WHAT YOU'VE GOT! GIVE IT EVERYTHING! PLUS ULTRA AIN'T JUST TALK, IT'S THE SPIRIT THAT'LL CARRY YOU TO VICTORY! LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!" Present Mic announced.

"THIS IS WHAT WE CAME FOR! IZUKU MIDORIYA, A FORCE OF UNSTOPPABLE ENERGY, READY TO SHAKE THIS STADIUM TO ITS CORE! OPPOSING HIM, SHOTO TODOROKI, WITH THE FRIGID FOCUS AND BURNING AMBITION OF A TRUE CHAMPION! THIS MATCH, UA, WILL SHOW WHAT IT MEANS TO GO PLUS ULTRA!"

After Midnight confirmed that both participants were ready, she announced the start of the fight.

As the match began, Izuku used a *Three Of a Kind* linked to Fire to cancel out Todoroki's initial ice attack. The two continued to exchange powerful blows, with Izuku holding back to avoid seriously injuring Todoroki.

But Todoroki was determined to win. He launched a barrage of fire and ice at Izuku, who countered with an equally powerful blast of wind that knocked the ice away and sent the flames hurtling back towards Todoroki.

As the two continued to exchange blows, the crowd was on the edge of their seats, captivated by the sheer intensity of the battle.

The duel was a dance of fire and ice, with each blow more powerful than the last. But as the fight wore on, it became clear that Todoroki was tiring, while Izuku remained undeterred.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, Todoroki collapsed, exhausted and defeated. Midnight, observing the match from the sidelines, raised her whip, signaling the end of the battle.

"Todoroki Shoto is no longer able to continue. Midoriya Izuku advances to the next round!

The crowd erupted into cheers, as Todoroki struggled to his feet, his face twisted with a mixture of frustration and disbelief.

Izuku, sensing that Todoroki had given his all, held out a hand to help his opponent to his feet.

"You put up a good fight, Todoroki," he said, a hint of admiration in his voice. "That was truly a battle to remember."