Chapter 7 - First Day

Two weeks later, Izuku POV

"O-o-ouch!" I screamed, as Itsuka's tending to my wounds after my training today.

"Hahaha! Stop complaining, Izuku!" she said as she slapped at the dressing she just finished over my burned skin. "You only have yourself to blame here," she continued, this time with a very stern look.

"Seriously?!" I looked at her in disbelief at what she was doing.

I accidentally ran into a 'Minotaur' Lord by myself and got locked into combat with it. Unfortunately, there's also a high-level Fire Elemental in the area which then took advantage of the fight and released a fire that even burned me, an Evoker. It shouldn't really be a big deal, overall. Just some third-degree burns across my arms and torso. It'll heal by tomorrow morning, but in the meantime, it'll also hurt every time it bumps into something or gods forbid my clothing sticks to it so I opted to get it treated.

"But still, it's crazy that you're able to take on a Minotaur Lord by yourself," she said.

"Yeah. It's a brutal fight. Don't get me wrong and I'm honestly not sure I'd be able to win that encounter. In some way, I guess it's lucky the Elemental was there because I managed to run away," I told her.

Yup. I ran away from them. Still, if I had a nickel every time I saw a 'Minotaur' in this part of the world, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird it happened twice.

I looked at Itsuka and noticed her expression. 'Uh oh. I'm gonna get lectured, aren't I?'

"Welp. Thanks for this, Itsuka. I better go home since I might get the acceptance letter from UA any time now," I told her, wanting to escape here as soon as possible.

"You sure you don't wanna spend the night?" She asked, with a lewd expression.

'Nope! Not falling for that one again.' It's not the first time she used this trick on me to get me to stay and listen to her lecturing me all night. And no, it's not the fun kind of lecture.

"Not today, sorry. I'll do it next time!" I said as I booked it back to my home.

These two weeks, I've been in contact with Ochaco and we went on a date just last Friday. Looks like Friday dates will become a tradition if these two dates are anything to go by.

I also made sure to spend more time with Kinoko and Itsuka, with us hanging out almost every day like we used to. Heck, Yui's even joining us every now and then.

Walking to my house, I grabbed the knob and opened the door.

"I'm home!" I said.

Midoriya Residence

"Welcome back, Izuku," Mom said as she greeted me in our hallway. She then looked at the wrappings around my body and said "What happened to you?!" 

"Sorry to scare you, Mom. It honestly looks way worse than it is. This is just so it won't stick with my clothing than anything," I reassured her.

"You sure?" She asked, tearing up.

'Ah. I feel so guilty seeing Mom like this.'

"Yeah, you can ask Itsuka if you don't believe me," I told her.

"Don't say that, son. I believe you, but suddenly seeing you like that..."

"It's honestly fine, Mom. You have nothing to worry about," I, again, reassured her.

"Alright, but if it worsens, I'm dragging you to the hospital. Don't think just because you're a giant now, I can't do that to you, young man."

"Okay, Mom. We have a deal," I told her.