Chapter 20 - Pinky Trouble

Izuku POV Right after Ceremonial Magic Class

The walk back to Homeroom felt normal, with Ochaco and Ashido chattering beside me. Most of our classmates were already buzzing when we arrived.

"Wonder who's teaching homeroom?" Hagakure-san piped up, her voice muffled by her invisible form.

Before I could answer, the door slid open. Aizawa-sensei stood there, not a single bandage on him. "Good morning." Typical. Between Recovery Girl and at least one literal magical healer, a few days is all it takes to patch him up.

"Mr. Aizawa, you're already healed?!" Shock rippled through the class.

"My injuries aren't important. More importantly, the fight's not yet over," he said, his tone grim.

"Fight...?" Kacchan muttered.

'Don't tell me,' I thought as I ready both my cards and One-For-All.

"The villains again?!" Mineta whimpered, his eyes wide.

Aizawa-sensei's glare silenced our protests. "The U.A. Sports Festival is coming."

"That's a super normal school event!" The class erupted in cheers, Kirishima almost bouncing out of his seat.

Okay, maybe not entirely 'normal', but way better than another villain attack.

"Is it really okay to have a Sports Festival so soon after the break-in?" Jiro-san asked, her voice laced with concern.

"What if they attack again?" Ojiro-san followed up, sounding worried.

"Apparently, U.A.'s betting that holding the event shows how rock-solid our security is," Aizawa-sensei explained. "Security will be tighter than ever. Besides, the Sports Festival is a huge opportunity. It can't be canceled because of a few villains."

I nodded to myself. True, plus some mages would be watching to scout potential recruits. Unless they wanted a death wish, or they're a god, attacking the Festival would be insane.

'Even then...there are some mortal mages I guess even gods would avoid.' As I thought this, I looked back on the information I gathered regarding W. Booker, the Evoker professor Eindridi's temporarily substituting as. That guy was beyond dangerous.

"What a stupid reason! It's just a sports festival, after all!" Mineta whined from behind me.

"Mineta-kun, do you understand how important the Sports Festival is?" I asked, turning to face him.

"Of course! But that's not what I mean!" He trembled in his seat, eyes wide.

"Our Sports Festival ranks among Japan's biggest events," Aizawa-sensei's voice booms across the classroom. "Remember, the Olympics were once the pinnacle of sport, captivating the entire country. For Japan now, that pinnacle is the U.A. Sports Festival!"

"Exactly! It's where we get scouted for sidekicks," Kaminari chirps, a gleam in his eye. "Graduate, and boom; we're plugged right into the pro world!"

Jiro-san snorts. "For some of us, yeah. Others might end up permanent sidekicks. Like you, Kaminari. No offense, but let's be real."

Kaminari's face crumples like a discarded napkin, his electric grin short-circuiting into a pout.

Aizawa-sensei nods, his gaze sweeping the room. "Of course, joining a famous agency brings experience, connections, everything a young hero needs." Images of Endeavor, with his blazing aura, or the effortlessly stylish Best Jeanist, flash through my mind. ALL MIGHT comes to mind as well, but his agency famously doesn't take sidekicks.