Chapter 1 - Doubt [Rewrite]

The morning sunlight filtered through the classroom windows, casting a warm, golden glow on the desks as the day began. Izuku settled into his seat, the familiar squeak of the chair legs against the floor accompanying the routine of the school day unfolding around him. As the class settled in, a few classmates approached with grateful smiles, breaking the monotony of his usual morning routine.

"Hey, Midoriya-kun, thanks for helping me out with that math problem yesterday. I finally get it!" Yuki said, her eyes sparkling with genuine gratitude.

Izuku couldn't help but smile back, genuinely pleased to see his assistance making a difference. "You're welcome. I'm glad I could help," he replied, his voice carrying a hint of satisfaction.

Word spread, and soon, others joined in expressing their thanks for the support he had offered in various subjects. The chorus of appreciative voices filled the air, a humbling experience for Izuku, knowing that his efforts to assist his classmates were having a positive impact.

As the teacher began the day's lesson, Izuku reflected on how different things were compared to the start of the school year. Back then, his towering height seemed to cast a shadow over his attempts to connect with his peers. Now, as he looked around the classroom, he saw friendly faces that had been absent before, their smiles warm and inviting.

The initial barrier of intimidation, caused by his imposing stature, had slowly crumbled as Izuku found his place among his classmates. Helping others understand their lessons became a bridge that connected them, transcending the awkwardness of earlier months. The scent of freshly sharpened pencils and the rustle of notebooks filled the air as they worked together.

With each thank you and smile, Izuku felt a warmth in his chest, like the embrace of a cozy blanket. It wasn't just about dispelling the misunderstandings; it was about building connections and creating a positive environment where everyone felt comfortable asking for help, their voices mingling in a harmonious chorus of learning.

As the morning unfolded, Izuku carried that sense of camaraderie with him, grateful for the growth and acceptance that had marked the journey from being an intimidating figure to a helpful friend, his footsteps echoing a newfound confidence with every stride.

The morning continued, and Izuku's thoughts drifted to his friend, Neito. Neito was often misunderstood due to his intense competitiveness, his fiery determination burning like a beacon. Despite his sometimes brash exterior, Izuku knew him to be a good person, always willing to lend a hand or offer support when needed, his loyalty as solid as a rock.

However, there was one person in their circle who didn't share Izuku's sentiments. Kinoko harbored a deep-seated dislike for Neito, her eyes narrowing and her lips pursing whenever his name was mentioned. Izuku had noticed the tension between them, the cold glances and pointed remarks exchanged whenever they were in the same vicinity, a chill in the air that contrasted with the warmth of their friendship.

It puzzled Izuku. He wondered if it was Neito's competitive streak that irked her or if there was something else beneath the surface, a hidden current of emotion that remained elusive. Kinoko had never been one to openly express disdain, so the reasons behind her intense dislike remained a mystery, shrouded in silence.

Izuku found himself caught in the middle, trying to maintain his friendship with Neito while navigating the strained atmosphere whenever Kinoko was around. It was a delicate balance, and he often wondered if there was a way to bridge the gap between them, to find the harmony that eluded them like a fleeting melody.

Perhaps it was a clash of personalities or a misunderstanding waiting to be unraveled. Whatever the case, Izuku couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to Kinoko's animosity than met the eye, a depth of emotion that lingered beneath the surface, waiting to be uncovered.