Chapter 18 - Planetarium Date

Izuku POV

Friday. I start to get ready for my date with Ochaco. During one of our previous dates, I learned that she likes anything relating to space, so I'm thinking of going there together with her. The weather's pretty good too. Underneath a canopy of cerulean skies, the sun casts its golden rays like a painter's brush, illuminating the world with warmth and promise. A gentle breeze whispers through the air, carrying the scent of blooming flowers and fresh-cut grass.

She seems pretty particular about my clothes, so I decided to put a little more effort into choosing what I wear on this date. It's a black semi-formal shirt under a green jacket and black pants. I don't have that many clothes, but it balances out being both stylish and comfortable if I do say so myself.

 I don't have that many clothes, but it balances out being both stylish and comfortable if I do say so myself

Ochaco and I decided to meet up at the train station instead of taking off together from the dorms. Mostly, we don't want rumors to start going around, revealing my relationship with Ochaco. I'd say it's already too late for that, but this is also for Ochaco's peace of mind. Besides, Ochaco said this way it'll feel more date-like, whatever that meant. 

I walk through the crowded streets toward our meeting spot, only to find her being hit on by three guys I don't know. It seems she's blatantly ignoring them but they won't take the hint. Well, I'm sure she can ward them off without a problem, but the sight's still irritating me so I approached them.

"Heya, Ochaco! Didn't keep you waiting, did I?" I said, only to be hit with embarrassment the next moment.

''Heya'?! Seriously, Izuku?'

One of the guys, the one with a mohawk, looked like he was thinking of intimidating me, only to gulp loudly once he saw the height difference between us. They look like a bunch of kids compared to me. I looked calmly into their eyes and said,

"Scram." Which is enough as they started running away at full speed.

"Hello,  dear Knight," Ochaco said. "No worries. You're right on time," she told me.

'She really didn't pay them any mind, huh,' I thought as I tried holding back my laughter. It's not going so well, so I tried changing the subject.

"Hey, Ochaco. Isn't that a little excessive? The weather's not that cold outside," I told her, observing several layers of clothing she had on her person. In fact, it's not cold at all.

"Perhaps not to you, dearest Knight. But then I have seen Evokers shrugging off Dragonfire. Compared to that, I guess even Japan's springtime temperature is not so bad,"

"Don't Enchanters have something to ward off the cold?"

"Yes, we do. It is called clothing," she said with a playful grin on her face.

"Very funny," I said, which earned a giggle from her. 

We started boarding the train towards our destination in Ikebukuro. It's just a couple of stations away, so we were able to get there pretty quickly. To my surprise, not many people were at the station during this time for some reason. We spent the time with her in my arms, talking about small things.