|| Shodashadhikashatam: Hail Prince Shrutakarma ||

"Many many congratulations, Sakha! You have waited far too long for this blessing to descend to your world!" As Krishna embraced his best friend, the latter almost had tears spring from his eyes, symbolizing the extent of the delight that he was e...

"Many many congratulations, Sakha! You have waited far too long for this blessing to descend to your world!" As Krishna embraced his best friend, the latter almost had tears spring from his eyes, symbolizing the extent of the delight that he was experiencing, that he was almost unable to believe it. He was so awestruck at the current phase of his own life that he found no words to respond to his friend's wish.

In the near past, he had lived a unique phase, a phase where there was both certainty and uncertainty at the same time, and he was realizing it after the time had passed. He knew everything would be fine, he just knew that he and Krishnaa were meant to be together, meant to be happy, meant to love each other and meant to live with each other. The knowledge did not lessen the anguish for either of them, it just made it intense. But he was proud, proud of his beloved who expressed and took time to solve emotional drift between them, instead of suppressing it as per the standards of the society.

It was painful, nothing was more painful, but it was worth the pain because when they finally reunited, there was no trace of any conflict between them and they embraced each other because they wanted to. Their relationship was not for the sake of society, not for formality, not for diplomacy, not for physical need, not for material gain, not for any other selfish motive, and they had proved it. It was always love that brought them together and it had always been that, and it remained to be that.

"Sakha, I do not know how to express how happy I'm!" Arjuna held Krishna's palms in his, taking a deep breath. "The love that Krishnaa and I share, has indeed increased and multiplied. I've come to an understanding that our love is like gold, Sakha. It shines more when it is put through fire, the fire of Viraha. I always knew that our Pranaya is pure, like the Ganga that sanctifies the three worlds. After the physical separation of twelve years and the agony that entered our lives as the aftermath, the way we have come together defined the strength of our love, Sakha, the way we love each other at this point feels too seraphic!"

"Your love is divine!" It was Pradyumna who had spoken, a radiant smile on his face. "Your love is such a purity that contains Kama in itself and doesn't need any external influence for that!"

Arjuna smiled widely though he was flushed a little but he knew that the eldest son of Rukmini was Kama himself. There was no surprise if he used such language for anyone.

"I'm absolutely alright, Pitrisvasa," Mayavati uttered as she carried the little child of Krishnaa in her arms. "All that it takes is time and forbearance, but a pinch of courage is also needed. It was my silence that hurt my heart. Everything turned normal and right once I filled myself with confidence!"

The moment Krishnaa handed her child over to Mayavati, there were wary glances at her from many but the queen was fortunate that her family members were not included in that list. The daughter of Drupada knew the goddess that Mayavati was, beyond the image of a barren woman that the society had limited her identity to.