|| Navasaptati: Until Then ||

Subhadra narrated everything that had happened between her and Krishnaa, every word of their conversation, and how she had hoped that Krishnaa herself would understand her feelings for Arjuna through her indirect gestures

Subhadra narrated everything that had happened between her and Krishnaa, every word of their conversation, and how she had hoped that Krishnaa herself would understand her feelings for Arjuna through her indirect gestures. As Krishnaa heard the story from Subhadra's mouth, her face turned red with an inevitable shame. Arjuna didn't know why he was feeling so bitter at just hearing that. If she hadn't understood anything when the conversation had happened, what would she have felt when she realized the meaning behind Subhadra's words?

An irrepressible fury rose in his throat but he didn't know for whom it was meant for. The only person who deserved that fury was himself. "Why wasn't I informed of this before?"

"I didn't have the opportunity. Neither was I aware of the impact it made on Bhagini until I overheard your conversation. I have come to meet Bhrata and Bhratrijaya but the talks reached my ears!" Subhadra looked down apologetically. "I'm very sorry for hiding this incident from you, Svami!"

Arjuna glanced at Krishnaa who was facing the other side, her hands glued to each other firmly as if she was holding her emotion by that physical restraint. The way her palms were pressed against each other, he knew it might be hurting her yet she was not caring about it. He shook his head and walked towards her, detaching her hands from each other concernedly. Krishnaa refused to meet his eyes. Taking a deep breath, Arjuna pushed himself down to the floor on his knees before the couch she was seated on, his hands still holding hers. "All the wounds that your heart had tolerated, Krishnaa, please give them to me. Do not keep any of those wounds with you. I'll find each one of them, whether they were given by me or others, but I'll heal them, I'll erase their existence. If they do not go away, I too will bear them with you. I can keep myself away from everything but not your pain. You might be thinking that I'm sounding like a hypocrite but that's because there is no untruth in that. I had become the cause of your misery but please grant me the opportunity to drive it away too and if not that, to share that misery with you. And hold me too, Krishnaa, from losing myself in this darkness. Only you can show me light! Twelve years ago, I had sacrificed my light and when I tread the path of darkness, it seems I lost my path. Please bring me back, please bring back that light!"

Krishnaa pressed her lips together to control herself from wailing. He placed his head on her lap and was sobbing like a child. Krishna and Satyabhama exchanged profound glances full of hope and emotion. They experienced their friends' emotions as their own and while none might acknowledge it, their affection did not depend on validation. No matter what the outside world thought, they both grieved for the distance between Arjuna and Krishnaa as if it was their own grief.
Being in their positions, that's all that they could do but they were also determined to put efforts for their reunion before they departed for Dvaraka. The sacred love between their friends had faced a major setback and they couldn't do anything to evade it due to their own compulsions but they knew that their love was powerful enough to rise through all odds.