|| Ashtavimshati: The Wedding Celebrations ||

Dvaraka

Dvaraka

The capital city of the Yadavas was lit up with sheer joy and festivity. Though the city had decked up multiple times to celebrate Krishna's weddings, it was the first time it was going to celebrate the wedding of Krishna's son, and thus, everything seemed different and new compared to the previous visits of the Pandava family to Dvaraka. The intricate decorations and the extra enthusiasm of the people multiplied the beauty of the Anarta Kingdom.

Pritha, Nakula, Krishnaa, Balandhara, Prativindhya, Sutasoma, Shatanika, Shrutasena, Suhotra and Sarvaga from the Indraprastha royal family had come to take part in the wedding celebrations of Prince Pradyumna and Princess Rukmavati of Vidarbha Rajya. After the pleasantries, as everyone else including the children blended with the crowd and were engrossed in their own talks, Krishnaa sat on the couch along with some Yadava women with whom she didn't have much rapport.

"Namaste, Pitrisvasa!" One of the Yadava princes appeared suddenly and touched her feet. He was the fifteen year old son of Krishna and Satyabhama.

"Bhanu!" She exclaimed, placing her plan on his head to bless him. "I didn't recognize you at the first glance!"

"He has become a whirlwind, isn't it?" Krishna said as he walked towards them. Krishnaa rose from her sitting position and joined her palms to greet him, meanwhile Bhanu disappeared.

"The son of a whirlwind is supposed to be a whirlwind only!" Satyabhama remarked as she joined them, smiling impishly.

"Oh Bhamae, it slipped out of my mind that his mother is a whirlwind!" He smirked at his wife while the latter's smile grew. Krishnaa laughed at their banter and engulfed Satyabhama in a tight embrace. Soon, the two friends sneaked out of the hall and went in the direction of the inner quarters.

"Tell me, Sakhi! How are you doing?" Satyabhama inquired as she strolled through the corridors with Krishnaa.

"I'm fine, Sakhi..." Krishnaa sighed softly. "Everything is normal according to the definition of normalcy in general."

"Something is not normal according to the definition of normalcy in a particular context. Am I right?" Satyabhama did not take much time to solve the riddle in Krishnaa's answer.

"Of course, you heard through my vague words again. Whom was I trying to trap in a word-web?" The Pandava Queen shook her head smilingly. "But it's nothing new, Sakhi. It's been there since the last nine years. No matter how much time I spend without Arjuna, I can never consider his absence as normal. It's ironic how the time we were together was very less compared to the time we've been apart, and yet I feel that this is not normal and that was normal. Sometimes, I don't understand the reasons behind my own feelings and find them illogical."

Satyabhama pressed her shoulder assuringly. "Feelings need not have reasons always. Even if they do, they aren't visible and discernible often. You need not compel yourself to accept something as normal when it isn't. The logic of the feelings is an extremely complicated subject. Perhaps Svami masters it, but not everyone can."