|| Shatshashti: The Confrontation ||

"Where is Prince Arjuna's chamber?" Dhrishtadyumna questioned the guards as he walked into the corridors of the palace where the royal family stayed

"The second one, Panchala Yuvaraja, but Rajakumara Arjuna's chamber has been locked since the past twelve years." The guard responded hesitantly.
"He's not using that chamber now."

"Then where is he staying in the palace?" The Panchala prince exclaimed. "I have to meet him!"

"Princess Subhadra's chamber, Yuvaraja!" Another guard replied. "That's located in the inner quarters and if you wish, I can take you there."

"Thanks but no thanks!" He shook his head and made his way towards his sister's chamber with a huge frown on his face. He was already sufficiently irked before he came to Indraprastha itself with the events that took place and after coming here, Arjuna's insolence at not greeting the Panchalas with normal courtesy had destroyed his patience.

In spite of that, Dhrishtadyumna was aware that in age and relationship, Arjuna was superior to him hence he wanted to go and meet him by himself but it looked like his brother-in-law had made such arrangements which made it impossible for him to reach him. Suppressing his anger, he reached Krishnaa's chamber and seeking permission through her handmaiden, he entered the chamber immediately.

"Krishnaa, I have to meet Bhaginipati Arjuna!" He said insistently. "Can you bring him here once?"

"Here?" Krishnaa stood up from the couch. "You can meet him in his personal chamber..."

"His chamber?" Dhrishtadyumna raised eyebrows. "Are you living in this palace or somewhere else? Don't you know that his chamber is locked?"

"Locked?" She was astonished. "What's the need to lock his chamber?"

"Krishnaa, why do you talk as if you don't know anything?" He was concerned about her surprised expression. "He never opened his chamber it seems. He's staying in Rajakumari Subhadra's chamber. But that's not the matter. The guard knows about this but you, his wife, are not aware of where he's staying?"

Krishnaa looked down hesitantly as he continued, "That's okay. It's personal to you and him, I don't want to interfere unless you ask me to. But I want to meet him so please bring him here!"

She walked out of the chamber silently as she couldn't tell her brother the truth about the condition or her relationship with Arjuna. But her first doubt was about the locked chamber and she made her towards the chamber as soon as she could. Since it was located to the far end of the corridor with its doors positioned to the other side, no one could observe it clearly even though the other Pandavas' personal chambers were located in the same corridor. As she reached there, her eyes fell on the large lock that was hanging there. By one look at the doors, it was clear that they hadn't been cleaned for a long time, which means he had never come to his chambers since his return. Why?